“Heavenly <3”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rattle Gill Cafe

Rattle Gill Cafe
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Ambleside
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Healthy, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We open our doors at 10am and serve homemade food. We stop serving savoury hot food at 4pm to allow us time to prep for the following day. We do still serve teas, coffees and cakes until 4.30pm. Please do come and visit and fill your hungry tummies!
Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
“Heavenly <3”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here on my birthday weekend away to the lakes in July. We only found it by chance cos it is tucked away down a little quiet spot next to a water wheel. It is all kinds of cute!! I believed it was fate right away to stumble on such a lovely little vegetarian place for a vegetarian me! This place really does feel like a little haven.

My boyfriend had a huge bowl of homemade vegetable chilli with a doorstop wedge of wholemeal bread and cheese, and I had the platter of houmous, olives, roast veg, balsamic olive oil, feta cheese and toasted bread! They have lots of selections of tea, and my favourite - sparkling elderflower. If I lived in Ambleside I would be down here every day growing fatter and fatter on their sharing plate of cakes, it would be totally worth it. The cakes are home made and beautiful, lots of varieties! I think we had a lime and coconut sponge, victoria sponge, chocolate brownie, apple and cinnamon, raspberry and coconut sponge.

Thanks so much to the lovely owners also, especially the most wonderful lady who offered to pick out all the green olives for me cos I hate the black ones so much. Rattle Gill Cafe, you are awesome!

1 Thank Sara K

Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely taster plate of Cakes - bring a big appetite or several friends.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to Rattle Gill Café twice during our stay in Ambleside. Once just for coffee and once for cake and coffee. The taster plate of cakes was delicious with a selection of 5 different cakes. All were delicious, however you do need to share it or have an enormous appetite.
The café is small and very friendly and does exactly what a café should do.
We will definitely visit again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“So small”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Couldn't believed that this was a coffee shop but to our surprise it was very nice and cosy. Very good homemade food and prices werent bad either.

Visited July 2013
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
“Search this place out, its worth it”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went here after reading the reviews, opted to have the quiche and it was delicious. Recommended if you're visiting Ambleside.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Not keen on cafes and restaurants listed together on tip advisor but this place is top noch. Lovely coffee and amazing cakes.