We have just returned from a four night stay and would highly recommend this hotel. The staff were all great with our toddler, especially Michelle the receptionist, the customer service was excellent, really lovely restaurant and the hotel is on a lovely setting leading onto the lake. We stayed in one of the suites and it was well worth the extra money as our son slept in the sitting area and we were all not on top of each other. The hotel is beautifully decorated and a lot of money has obviously been spent on the décor and the tasteful furniture. If you go onto the website the pictures are a genuine reflection of the hotel. We really liked the little touch’s - lovely toiletries in the bathroom re stocked every day, huge big white fluffy towels, absolutely huge beds, great selection of refreshments in the room, selection of DVD’s to watch, fantastic breakfast and the biggest plus was the baby listening service which enabled us to have a drink in the bar while reception monitored our son. We have stayed in many hotels in the lakes and this outshines all of them! I can see us returning within 6 months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District