On arrival at the hotel at around 10pm it was rather disconcerting to hear a terrible noise coming from the kitchen extractor. This seemed to permeate the corridors and also the rooms. Luckily as we arrived the kitchen closed and the noise stopped - how this would affect those staying in the hotel earlier I am not sure.
This was the only negative about the hotel. The room was gorgeous, very comfortable and clean. The bathroom was great and nicely decorated with underfloor heating and piped music! The bed was incredibly comfortable and there were some nice touches such as fresh fruit in the room and amazing gingerbread.
Breakfast was faultless - plenty of variety and the quality was excellent.
All in all a lovely place to stay, I just wish we were there longer than 12 hours!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District