From the moment we were blown into the hotel we received excellent service.. We chose to spend our wedding anniversary here and mentioned this on booking. How lovely to find a card in the room (33) from the staff. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, from looking up bus times to ensuring we had enough beverage supplies in our room. The room looks over the lake and when the rain/ sleet cleared we could see the mountains on the far side of the lake. The room was well appointed, even a wall mounted fire as an extra source of heat. not that we needed it as the hotel was warm enough and the temperature in the room easy to adjust. What my husband did appreciate was the bedside light, namely one which gave out enough light for you to read by, something you don't often find these days. The food was excellent, the service attentive without being intrusive. We did have the opportunity to use the leisure facilities in the sister hotel down the road. We didn't take advantage of it this time but will undoubtedly will in the future. We will certainly return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District