We decided to have a leisure break, just the two of us and we made a great choice at the waterhead. Recommended by a friend we weren't disappointed. We had a lake view room and although it also overlooked the main road we were not disturbed by noise. The beds are amazing, huge and extremely comfortable. The bedroom furniture was tasteful and of good quality. There was a fruit bowl and ice in the room, filter coffee and a great selection of tea and hot chocolate. The bathroom was modern and had an array of quality toiletries. Above all the room was very very clean. The linen crisp and fresh, changed daily. I couldn't find a speck of dirt or dust and I'm very fussy in this area! Breakfast was delicious with a wide choice to suit every taste and dietary requirement. Dinner was lovely too and of a very high standard. I asked for options to be replaced such as no cream, sauce on the side, a different choice of potato and again nothing was too much trouble. Fabulous. My only gripe and its not much if one was the bar prices. One large white wine and a pint of perroni came to £11.00, ouch. However, perfectly chilled and tasting great in very retro comfortable surroundings and an amazing view, I shouldn't complain! We're on holiday after all! Don't be out off when you enter via the rear car park (which can be a bit tricky to negotiate), we felt the decor in the corridors seemed a bit dated, don't be out off, it's not representative if the overall hotel. Nice stay and family friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District