Excellent setting with wonderful views over the lake. Restaurant has an air of sophistication and a relaxing ambience that makes it very easy to relax in such comfortable surroundings. Service is excellent with very attentive staff. The food is wonderful and of good quality. We started with the fish platter to share and boy was it a large selection of the fish starters. Followed by the duck which, came as breast and a leg. The deserts were a delight sharing a meringue and a cheese board. The wine was of excellent quality and the cast beers on offer very good and well maintained. All in all a dining experience I would recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, LateRooms, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District