Our lake view room was on the ground floor (No 5.). It was of a good size with windows to front and side, which made it light and airy. It had ample modern facilities with a reasonable-sized bathroom, down to a teapot and cafetiere. The cleaning staff were unobtrusive but kept the room spotlessly clean and well-replenished with fruit, tea and coffee and ice - and a chocolate on the pillow following the turn-down service. The bathroom toiletries were rather special as they were not the miniature size provided in many hotels, but were full-size pump dispensers of harir and body wash, hand wash and moisturiser. We are continuing to enjoy them at home!
Our meals in the restaurant were outstandingly delicious and served by attentive, friendly and courteous waiting staff. Indeed, all the hotel staff were quick to help and offered a high level of service. The breakfast menu was varied and plentiful and special requests appeared to be no problem.
We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at this hotel and would not hesitate to stay again when we are in the Lake District and would thoroughly recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District