This hotel is one of the best I've ever stayed in. Booked it for a surprise for my boyfriends birthday and we were not disappointed at all. I paid £20 extra and took our dog, money well spent, she was provided with her own bed, bowl and treats. Only downside to the room was that it had a cream carpet(!) so we had to be extremely careful of her muddy feet after our walks. Rooms were lovely with everything you could possibly need, including fluffy robes and slippers. We stayed in room 5 which looked over the lake and even though it rained, the view was incredible. Ice was provided in a bucket on both days and very impressive tea&coffee facilities provided in room. We had our meal included on first night and we were very impressed, the choice and quality of food was very high standard. They made the dessert special for my boyfriends birthday, which was a really nice touch. Breakfasts were equally impressive. The hotel has a vast selection of dvd's available to borrow for rainy days. Each room had a dvd player. They had very comfy beds and it was lovely and warm in our room. The hotel was also decorated gorgeous for Christmas. All in all we loved this hotel and the staff were amazing, it made a very memorable birthday trip. We will definitely return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star town house hotel on the shores of Lake Windermere near Ambleside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waterhead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambleside Hotel Waterhead
- Hotel Waterhead
- Waterhead Hotel Ambleside, Lake District