“Very nice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ambleside
The Drunken Duck Inn
Ranked #26 of 102 Ambleside B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed in a campsite at low wray the bike ride up to the drunken duck was hard going, but once there the beer was worth the hard work, very tasty. We had no time to eat but got a handful of crisps which were some amazing flavours and went back to the campsite, We never peddled once on the way back!!!! Well worth a visit and the food looked amazing

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed in a lovely room in the annexe at the back next to the brewery.
Afternoon tea on arrival which is a good touch, fabulous beers, top quality restaurant food in the evening, good breakfast - all in a great setting.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Threepiers
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had the sandwiches and thick cut chips with a pint of cask ale at lunchtime. Super food and drink with a nice place to sit outside with dogs. Nice atmosphere and setting. A bit pricey but highly recommended as a treat.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have only ever visited the pub, but the food is really excellent. I had an excellent soufflé and Waldorf salad, which I would happily eat again and again. The chips are great and must be tried. There is an excellent selection of wines and beers. The service is good and it shows that the place has been owned by the same people for over 30 years. I would love to stay there and experience the accommodation as if the pub is anything to go by then it should be great.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a lovely pub that has just got the right balance between modern and old, it looks and feels like a homely Lakes pub with wood burner and wooden floors. Coupled with this are the clean lines of a Granite bar and a good selection of drinks. 6 Hand pulled ales avliable, and even the opportunity of trying a collection of 3 x 1/3 rd pint glasses for the same price of a pint. Very helpful staff who had no compuntion in recommending the best ale. All served qucikly with a smile and a joke.
We sat out side in the sun - it was lovely.
Car parking avliable at two carparks on either side of the road.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We'd been told that this was a great place to eat so we decided to try the Sunday Lunch - we arrived after 2 as recommended by the Drunken Duck as it can get really busy and you can't book. It's a nice little pub that was been given the gastro pub type makeover. I'd rang ahead to ask if the served Sunday Lunch and they said they did, so I was a bit surprised to see they only offered beef. We both ordered it (£15.95) and asked how it was served - was it quite thinly sliced - the bar staff said yes. We waded our way through the enormous wine list which seemed a bit OTT - pages and pages of it and awaited the meal. The beef arrived served on a wooden platter - enormous big slices of it. We weren't keen on it, I felt as if I'd been served 2 sirloin steaks. For me there was just far too much meat and it wasn't great - medium rare but not tender. I'm sure there are lots of people who enjoy it served like this but we didn't I found it pretty off putting. The rest of the meal was lovely - well cooked roasties, superb yorkshire puddings and delicious vegetables, just a shame about the beef and lack of choice over the meat. We moved into the garden to finish our wine - the garden is beautiful and a lovely spot to sit and enjoy the view. I noticed quite a few people eating the Roast Pork Sandwich - ordinary white floured bap, roast pork and a stack of huge chips for £13.95. I'm quite happy to pay for a quality Sunday Lunch, but I didn't feel that I got this at the Drunken Duck.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here on Sunday 26th May, for one night before we went on our honeymoon. From start to finish the stay was a delight. Check in was smooth and professional by the young girl on reception. We were showed to our room, so none of this getting lost malarkey. Our room was comfortable and cosy, we looked out onto the front of the Inn, the road was buzzing with drinkers. The weather had certainly brought them out. We didn't eat in the Drunken Duck as we were meeting friends but we have previously and the food is excellent. There was some noise at night from the bar below but I certainly got a good nights sleep. I LOVE the fact they have a turn down service.....literally fall in bed! Breakfast was delicious and speedily served and again check out was very smooth. It is not cheap to stay here and I definitely would recommend The Drunken Duck to people who want a special night away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple