“Dog Friendly Overnight Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Holmeshead Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ambleside
Holmeshead Farm
Ranked #72 of 105 Ambleside B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Dog Friendly Overnight Stay”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the farm on the saturday evening and got there late saturday afternoon. Its a bit out of the way but very cosy, friendly and more importantly clean. Most of the B & B's that we found say that they are dog friendly but dont let you keep your dog in your room but this one does and the owner doesn't have a problem with that just as long as you make sure they are clean.
Also with it been off the beaten track you wont have a problem taking your dog for a walk in the local woods as there is no traffic, but make sure you take a torch for the evening walk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 650markb

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Judith who runs this B&B is friendly and welcoming. Even more importantly than that though she cooks a fantastic breakfast!!!! The rooms are smart and clean, the showers hot and powerful, the lounge area has a lovely wood fire, and the farm itself is active and located in gorgeous surroundings.

Just a mile from the best restaurant in the region, and a few more to Grasmere, Elterwater and Loughrigg tarn, the location is perfect.

Highly recommended and if we went back and someone offered us a free night at the Hilton round the corner, we'd politely decline and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jonnybace
Yorkshire
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Absoloutely fantastic b & b. Our two jack russell doggies, my husband and myself couldn`t have found a nicer place to stay in the lakes. Judith and Ed made us more than welcome and the accommodation was second to none. Difficult to find maybe, but certainly difficult to forget ! We will certainly be visiting again. The place itself was spotlessly clean and the surrounding views were a delight. Although in a remote location is within easy car distance of local dog friendly pubs, spectacular scenery and we would also recommend a brunch at Chesters (a neighbouring tea room)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doggietastic
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I can confirm all that the previous reviews have said. We had a lovely 3 day stay , the food rooms and hosts were lovely and we would love to return and would happily recommend staying at the farm house to our friends and family

• Stayed July 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2012

A really enjoyable stay in a lovely homely farmhouse B&B. Spotlessly clean family room. Lovely and warm with fresh towels & linen and a good tea tray!
Eve & Huw loved the bunk beds.
Breakfast superb including sausages made by the farmer himself.
All in all a wonderful Lakeland farmhouse B&B and highly recommended to all.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Mark J
lincoln england
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was a return visit for me to Holmeshead Farm. I have only stayed once before, but was greeted like an old friend by Judith and made to feel very welcome during my all too short two night stay.
As others have mentioned, the farm is quite tucked away, but that is one of the joys of staying there. A lovely spot with a view over to the Drunken Duck and pretty approaches on the short drive from Ambleside up to Skelwith Fold. Narrow roads....even in a mini...so, take note of passing places!
My room was perfect - warm and comfy and clean with pristine white bedding. The weather was a bit overcast this time, but my previous visit was in the summer time when we were able to sit out in the big garden and enjoy the setting. From the garden you can see the front of the pretty farmhouse, which is not visible from the approach through the farm yard or the parking area.
A delicious cooked breakfast got the day off to a good start. It's only a fifteen minute walk from the farm down to Chesters at Skelwith Bridge where they do great coffee and lovely cakes, so that's a must too!
Judith told me about the new Church Hall at Brathay, on the road down from Skelwith Fold towards Ambleside. On saying my goodbyes at the farm I drove into the church car park to take a look and was delighted to find that it was open and serving tea, coffee, biscuits and freshly baked scones (courtesy of the lovely cheerful manager Isabel) I passed a very pleasant half hour chatting to Isabel and her friends Jean and Ann and a couple of locals who popped in. It is such a lovely place in a divine spot by the river at the entrance to Brathay Church. They are open for refreshments on Thursday mornings from 10 till 12 and it was purely by chance that my visit happened to coincide with this so I was happy indeed! I didn't take any persuading to try a scone, even though I had just eaten Judith's breakfast half an hour before!

Anyway, it rounded my visit to Holmeshead off very nicely and enhanced what was a very pleasant little getaway for me. Thank you Judith for looking after me so well. I look forward to my next stay with you and wish you and your family a very successful 2012.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Lovely farmhouse B&B on a working farm. Warm welcome, clean and very comfortable bedrooms, cosy guests' lounge and a substantial breakfast. Dogs welcome.
There are a couple of pubs serving food in the area (the Outgate Inn is particularly recommended) - but they are a drive away, and the farm itself is down a quiet track. It's certainly not for you if you're looking for the bright lights - but if your looking for a quiet and comfortable stay it's recommended!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple