Just returned from our first stay at Summer Hill where we had a lovely long weekend stay for my birthday. Patsy and Mike are wonderful hosts, making our weekend stay truly fantastic. From the moment you arrive at Summer Hill Patsy and Mike give you such a warm welcome. Summer Hill instantly feels like home, is very comfortable and the roaring fire in the dining room and log burner in the lounge were a delight. The location of the b&b was perfect, situated in a beautiful part of the Lake District with lovely views and Patsy and Mike can easily direct you to local places to walk and eat. A great stay and we hope to return one day soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer Hill Country House is situated between the popular and picturesque villages of Hawkshead and Coniston.The house dating back to the 1700's has been refurbished to a very high standard bringing together the traditional features of a large Lakeland residence with contemporary guest accommodation.The house overlooks the tiny hamlet of Hawkshead Hill and the south facing rooms look out on the surrounding fells. The renowned beauty spot of Tarn Hows is within easy walking distance.Summer Hill is an excellent base from which to explore the outstanding natural beauty of the Lake District. You can leave your car in our car park if you wish, and after breakfast, served in in our dining room with its feature fireplace, set off to enjoy the area on foot.Return and relax in the guest lounge or enjoy a well-deserved soak in the four-poster spa bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Summer Hill Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Hill Country House Hotel Ambleside
- Summer Hill Country House Ambleside, Lake District