“Home from Home Guest House.”

Elterwater Park Country Guest House
Ranked #20 of 103 Ambleside B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We have stayed here now for several years and often just look at the web site to remind us of the lovely holidays we have enjoyed. Cornelia always makes us feel welcome every where is spotlessly clean and tidy. The breakfast keeps us walking for most of the day. Plenty of local places to eat in the evenings. we hope to return again in September for a 9 day break.
We now enjoy staying in one of the converted barn appartments, which gives us just that bit more space. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are well equipted and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This B&B is absolutely superb. The location is fantastic for walking, travelling to all attractions in the lakes and just being somewhere where you are made really welcome. They will take dogs. Complimentary access to Langdale Estate Spa. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed here for two night's and loved every minute of it. The staff are brilliant the Breakfast probably one of the best I have had.
Cornelia was a fantastic host and made us feel really welcome often going out of her way to ensure we had a good time. i noticed a few negative reviews and all I can say to those grumpy people is get a life and grow up.
Cornelia we will be back

Room Tip: The converted barns are great
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My mother came to the country to watch me run the Coniston 14 and stayed here. What an amazing place. Cornelia is a charm. The breakfasts were incredible - fresh, flavorful and the views... well, they are spectacular. We had an impromptu tea with 6 people and Cornelia pulled it off without a hesitation. There is a accessible room for those with mobility issues and Cornelia makes everyone feel so welcome. My mother truly enjoyed the B&B and this is on our "favorites" list.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lagringaOhio
Reviewed March 3, 2012

From the moment I arrived I was made to feel at home. Cornelia's hospitality is second to none and looked after me with great thoughtfulness. The setting is magical, especially beautiful in the snow situated as it is on the Cumbrian way yet within easy reach of Ambleside. My room was spotless and the food was way beyond my expectations. I left a different happier person.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have stayed at Elterwater Park ever since discovering the Lakes, and though it has to be mentioned that it is only 5 years ago since my first visit, such is the hospitality I have received from Cornelia, Roger and staff, the comfort and restfulness I derive from being in such a nice place, not to mention a stay there being very keenly priced, I've not ever felt the need to look for anywhere else on my holidays to the District.
Elterwater Park is situated directly on the Cumbria Way path so that access to the eminently beautiful Langdale Valley, with the Langdale Pikes, Bowfell and Crinkle Crags surrounding you, but the fells of Coniston too, within very easy reach. A short drive to pretty Grasmere leaves within range the lofty fells of Helvellyn, Fairfield, but too, the much easier, but no less beautiful fells of Helm Crag and Silver How. Ambleside too twenty minutes away!
I only wish I were at Elterwater Park now, soaking it all up.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Damian K
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Stayed here at the start of November and it's the perfect place for walks on your doorstep. Cornelia looked after us really well and she even gave us a map to help us find our way on a long day walking (we still got lost, but saw some deer along the way!). The breakfast is fantastic here and the accomadation is great too. We were in one of the refurbished barns with a livingroom. Unfortunately the skylights leak a little bit, with the occasional drop hitting you as you sit on the couch, although it wasn't raining so it was most likely condensation. The barns have been refurbished to a high standard and you'd never know that sheep were living there only a little while ago. If you like chickens you're in luck, cos there's loads of them wandering around outside.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple