“Perfection in every way.”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Autumn Sunset
Take a walk in the field
Some beautiful visitors stop by
sunset in the snow
Spring visitors next door!
I can see a rainbow!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sarah B
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Perfection in every way.”
Reviewed August 4, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

The most perfect location in the most beautiful spot in the Lake District. Neither words not pictures can do the Far Boathouse justice. We spent the most amazing break there, and whilst the weather wasn't great, the location was breathtaking, the boathouse was warm and amazingly well equipped, and the welcome extended by Jayne was second to none. Every detail had been considered, and Jayne answered any queries i had before we set off. We had our food delivered by Sainsburys to the boathouse and even the driver remarked that we had "the very best spot on the lake". I have travelled extensively with work and for pleasure, and if I had to go back to one place only it would be this. Thank you Jayne, for making our trip to the Lake District one which I will cherish for ever xx

Aug 6, 2017
Dear Sarah
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your stay at the Ullswater Far Boathouse. I am delighted you had a fantastic time and enjoyed the peace and tranquility at this special place. I am sorry about the weather, but I am sure there were still some spectacular views and time to have some fun too!
I am so happy that you took away some special memories and welcome you again soon and I am sure there will be new special memories to be found at The Far Boathouse!
Reviewed July 31, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Aug 3, 2017
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. I am so delighted that you had a peaceful and relaxing time; I think the Boathouse is a great place to loose track of time after many hectic weeks. The surrounding beauty and sound of the water is such a tonic. I hope you have taken away some very special memories and maybe you will return to celebrate anniversary.
Reviewed July 30, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Aug 3, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your stay at the Ullswater Far Boathouse. I am delighted you had a fantastic time and managed to keep Jonathan's birthday a surprise! I am so pleased the celebrations went well and you both enjoyed the peace and tranquillity at this special place. I hope you took away some special memories and welcome you again soon.
athletein...
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Out Third time here and every bit as special as the previous visits”
Reviewed July 17, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

First summertime visit for us. To spend the whole day with the patio doors opened back, enjoying the weather, the view and 'Lake life' was an unforgettable experience.
Our thanks to Jayne for making this wonderful place seem so special each time

Jul 20, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review and have found the Ullswater Far Boathouse just as relaxing and peaceful on your return visit. Each season has it’s own beauty and mood, but always peaceful and relaxing and the perfect place to be revitalised.
We hope to see you again next year.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Jul 8, 2017
Dear Jan thank you for taking the time to write a great review and I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay. It was lovely to speak with you personally before your stay and I think I managed to get things just right for your birthday. I was so disappointed in the weather but am delighted that you still had a fantastic time and took away some wonderful memories. I hope that you do return and maybe get some sunshine too

Michele R
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Location, location, location!”
Reviewed June 28, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

A fabulous place to revitalise and chill. Wonderful amenities, luxurious with lots of first class touches. You are made to feel very welcome, and when you walk through the front door and can see straight through to Ullswater Lake, your day is complete.
We walked for miles each day, great walks clearly described in the Boathouse Handbook, then came back, cooked together and chilled.
Can't wait to return.

Jul 1, 2017
Dear Michele
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review, I am so pleased you had the relaxing stay that you wished for. Lots of fresh air and the relaxing sound of water and peaceful surroundings refresh the soul. Thank you for being such a perfect guest too!
GerBill
Somerset
“Jayne pushes the boat out for you”
Reviewed June 24, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

On arrival we had champers, roses chocs and cake waiting for us with scattered rose petals on the bed. What a welcome.
This is s unique place with a very well appointed accommodation set in an iconic location, secluded but providing a panoramic window of a magnificent lakeside view.
Relaxing and very comfortable, the boathouse offers a great escape but is well situated to access local services.
We had great weather and sun loungers would have added comfort to our relaxation whist watching the activity on the lake.
The Far Boathouse will never be too far our next visit.

Your age range 65+
Jun 24, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your stay at the Ullswater Far Boathouse. I am delighted you had a fantastic time and enjoyed the peace and tranquillity at this special place. How lucky to have such beautiful weather an added bonus!I will look into sun loungers and hope that there are many more sunny days! The Boathouse is however a peaceful retreat in all weathers and I hope you took away some special memories and welcome you again soon.

Jayne
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing