“Not bad, and good value”

Holiday Inn Express Hull City Centre
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here for a week recently and found it to be absolutely fine. OK it wont win any awards, but you don't expect that with a Holiday Inn Express. It is located right beside the railway station, and is conveniently connected for all local amenities, and indeed road access. The place is clean, the staff are pleasant and the rooms are fine. My room was quite cold, and took a while to warm up. I'm not really into breakfast, but for those of you that are, you could be a little disappointed.

Other than that, fine.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob B
ManagerHUYUK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hull City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Hi Bob B,

Thank you for your feed back, I am pleased to hear your comments regarding the pleasant staff and this will be fed back to the team, I was surprised you never came down for breakfast, as a Holiday Inn Express this is always complimentary and you can choose from a selection of Danish pastries, rolls, cheese, fruit and 3 hot items which are scrambled egg, sausages and beans, its a great way to start your day.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon

Debra Hutchins

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Could have/should have been so much better!
We were staying in Hull after watching a game of rugby union. When I booked I had asked for, via the hotels web site, a room in a quiet location and some extra pillows we didn't get either and what made thing much worse, we were next to a family with young children, nothing wrong with that, but do we go to sleep when they do? The noise levels were unbearable and we couldn't sleep, we had to ring down to reception to move rooms, the last thing you need when you're tired and cold. The room we eventually got was very quiet and we got our extra pillows why this didn't happen in the first place is very frustrating. The location of the hotel is perfect, right in the city centre and there is a huge car park adjoining the hotel, there is a bar and the room rate includes a very basic breakfast.
One tip!! be very careful when to pay your bill, we checked ours and found we had been overcharged for a drink we didn't have! somehow a Gin & Tonic had mysteriously appeared on our invoice.
I am a priority member with ICH group but am having second thoughts about my loyalty - shame really!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Swissball
ManagerHUYUK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hull City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Swissball,

Thank you for your feed back on this web site and I would like to confirm our full conversation on the telephone which I made to you yesterday, I was glad to hear from you that my reception team did in fact dealt with the problem you encounter from noisy guests next door in a professional and swift manner as you had requested a quiet room and was unfortunately disturbed by other guests. I fully understood you to be happy with my response and the offer of Priority points which I awarded to your account as soon as I came off the telephone with you. You did confirm to me your bill was amended to the correct drink you had and I do hope we didn’t upset you in any way.

Hope to welcome you back to Hull soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is central and easy to walk to from the railway station. Also close to nearby eating establishments. Room quite well appointed for this high end 'budget' hotel. Bed was ok. Not very comfy but that's mainly my requirements. Was cold in the room and took some time to warm up. Breakfast a big let down. Very limited hot choices. Just scrambled egg and no other egg options. Staff absent at breakfast to offer anything else. For the price it is good value.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ian07
ManagerHUYUK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hull City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dera Ian,

Thank you for your comments, I can confirm that as a Holiday Inn Express we are only allowed to do 3 hot items, and those items are Scrambled Egg, Sausage and Beans, this should be a standard across all Holiday Inn Express Hotels and can be very upsetting if other hotels within our chain are doing more than is Brand Standard. I do appreciate your feed back this helps me to improve the hotels performance and maintain brand standards.

We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here last weekend (2nd/3rd Nov), on arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist and were pleased with the standard of the room, it was nice and clean. Unfortunately our room did not have a hairdryer. On the first night (Fri) we arrived home to some noise coming from the room opposite, but this did not continue very long so wasn't too bad. On the Saturday night however we got the worst nights sleep ever due firstly a group of noisy girls arriving home at around 2 am who were rowdy and then woke to a group of noisy, drunken louts who were staying in the room next door. They arrived home about 3 am and for the next 3 hours they swore, had fights and screaming matches, smoked in their room, doors were slamming etc. We rang reception to report this and were told it would be sorted, it wasn't. Even when they eventually quietened down around 5.30 am I couldn't get to sleep as I had been so on edge and kept expecting the noise to start up again. On checking out we reported the incident to the receptionist who was polite but said she didn't have the power to refund us for the Saturday night and gave us the managers details who wasn't in that day. I have emailed the Manager to complain and ask for a refund but as yet have had no reply..... Will not stay here again and would advise anyone staying on a Saturday night to think again if they actually want to sleep!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Rachel,

Thank you comments and I after receiving your email on the 07th November we have made contact with each other on the 8th November, I would like you to be assured that this type of drunken behavior is not welcome at this hotel, I have instructed my night team to not tolerate this from any guest and ask the offender to leave if causing upset to any other guests.

We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel for your next stay.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here on the 27th October 2012 and would recommend to anyone wanting a city centre base at a very reasonable price. The room was modern and clean and the breakfast suited us though the hot water for tea seemed to cause problems galore - but it was busy at breakfast. I will stay again when in Hull.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dera Lozgaz

Thank you for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed November 5, 2012

good clean hotel. booked online, paid there. room was nice an big. Drinks overly priced but were isnt!! downfall was we ordered king bed. its just 2 singles pushed together!!! which is rubbish when wanting to cuddle!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Booked using Late rooms , friendly helpful check- in (Saturday 27th at 5.30) . Room was very clean , bathroom immaculate , appeared to be new .
Located beside a shopping centre , plenty of places to eat nearby
Price included breakfast which was a continental buffet and included sausage scrambled egg and beans.
we had breakfast and checked out early to get to our event , staff were just as friendly and helpful at 7.15 am .
well done Hull !we will use this hotel again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Gateford,

Thank you for your kind comments, I am glad you found the staff to be friendly, this is always a welcomed comment and is always fed back to the staff.