“Very good”
Review of Crown and Anchor

Crown and Anchor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kingston-upon-Hull
Crown and Anchor
Fontenay le Comte
“Very good”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ate here for three nights and were very pleased with the food, the welcome and the log fires.We had just arrived from Zeebrugge and the rediscovery of good pub food was a good start to the holiday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Visiting my mother in law this weekend who lives in kilnsea we went for a meal and drinks at crown. The place was cosy and warm with coal fires glowing, very comfortable! The young barmaid who served us was so friendly and keen to serve.
My mother in law ordered the steak and ale pie which she said was lovely as usual. My partner ordered the steak, he enjoyed it but said the price ways harsh. I had a beef salad which I ended up leaving as the sliced beef was very thin with streaks of fat in it.
We kept popping outside to have a cig together leaving our drinks at our table, we moved into the settee area to relax and have a drink. The owner came towards me and picked up my glass which still had some vodka and red bull in it and asked if it was mine which I replied yes. I had a full glass too as just got a round in. She asked if I still wanted it and said yes, so she had the audacity to ask me to pour it into my new glass, that glasses are going missing, had I been taking glasses outside and leaving them out there which I said no, I was gob smacked, to be confronted in such a manner. It was only because Sandra said to leave it or I would have pulled her up about it. We spent around £130.00 on food and drink so to be treated like that was terrible.to be singled out for taking glasses i am still sat angry thinking 'how dare she'.On leaving Sandra confronted the owner and pointed out that we never took glasses outside and she just said 'oh yes I know as we found them', she said she popped her head round to tell us too but I never saw or heard her.
This is the second time I have found her to be rude and will not be giving her my custom anymore, we was going there for a meal tonight too but have ordered in instead from a take away in withernsea. how this woman manages to Maintain customers i do not know. It's a shame she can't be as nice as her staff, at least the owner gets that right, the staff where fantastic. Diana zarzyna

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Diana Z
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to visit Spurn Point and to stop for two nights. I managed to obtain a bed in the Crown & Anchor Public House. For those that do not know Spurn all that is there in the way of Bed & Breakfast are the Crown and a local Farm, The Crown & Anchor is the only place where an evening meal can be obtained. I was highly delighted with the room I was given, as I was traveling alone I expected a pokey little room out of the way, which is the norm for single travelers, instead I had a very large, luxurious twin bedded room, right at the front of the hotel, overlooking the Humber Estuary, the room was en-suite, it was also equipped with TV, alarm clock and tea and coffee making facilities, wanting for nothing. Downstairs, in the Bar, it was busy on both nights of my stay, even though they were on a Monday & Tuesday. The food was freshly cooked, and was of such quality that a large number of' locals' also visited to take their evening meals there. The Pub also opens at Lunch time but closes again in the afternoon and access to the bedrooms is through the Bar downstairs. I was highly delighted with the service from the friendly but efficient Staff, the quality and cleanliness of the bedroom, and from where I was accommodated,, the view, it was out of this world. I will certainly return if I get the opportunity to do so.

Room Tip: Ask for room No 3, if it is available, Twin bedded, spacious and an outstanding view over the estuar...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank ray m
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

After a trip to Spurn Point on a very windy Sunday - 16th Sept 12, we were ready for refreshment as well as the loo. The bar was very welcoming and the aroma of food had our stomachs rumbling. The bar was busy despite being after 1.30pm, we found a table and ordered our food, the sight of other meals coming from the kitchen really looked impressive - when ours arrived we weren't disappointed. The food was clearly fresh and good quality, very tasty; the staff helpful and friendly - we will definately come back again when next in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dee H
Whitby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We called in here after walking on nearby Spurn Point one breezy lunchtime, we were not looking for a hearty meal, more a snack and a drink to sustain us until teatime, the place itself is on the edge of the Humber estuary facing south with magnificent views out of the windows accross to Lincolnshire and towards Spurn Point.

The sandwiches were excellent, and those in our party who had soup never stopped talking about how nice it was all afternoon ( homemade leek & potato ), the landlady was pleasant and down to earth, the waitress was particularly nice, the pub itself is lovely and old fashioned with interesting nick-nacks, pictures and ornaments, the place has real character.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank assamhouse
Lincoln
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We spent two nights in Kilnsea recently (see review for Westmere Farm). We ate at the Crown & Anchor on both nights. The service on both nights (different staff each night) was very good as was the food. The landlady was friendly and good humoured.

After eating, we sat outside and watched the tide come (rushing) in across the Humber Estuary to just across the road and also watched the sunset.

N.B. There are further reviews under Crown and Anchor Pub: Restaurant Reviews. Also the current map shown is not accurate. The Crown and Anchor is in Kilnsea just before Spurn Point.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StonesFanLincoln
hull
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Lovely place with wonderful views and great food.Jean the landlady very friendly and down to earth.We will definitely be back

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple