“Fascinating place”
Review of Fort Paull

Fort Paull
More attraction details
Owner description: Fort Paull is the only fully intact Napoleonic Fortress in the North. Covering 10 acres of land this Museum is full of Underground tunnels and rooms, fantastic exhibits and on most weekends throughout the Summer, fantastic displays and events. The Fort is also the home of the worlds only surviving Blackburn Beverley Aircraft. There is also a fully licenced bar and tea rooms on site.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stumbled across this place whilst roaming through Holderness in the car. Although it looks like it is run on a shoe-string and appears a little "tired", if you can look beyond that it is a mine of fascinating facts and interesting displays. I can see that it would be less attractive on a bad weather day, but we were lucky to have sunshine, warm temperatures and only a slight breeze. Staff were very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a hot summers day so were able to make the most of everything. If you are interested in war type things and enjoy historic displays you will like it here. It is educational but it involves a lot of steps so if you aren't able bodied you will miss most of the things. There is a cafe and bar which serves good food and also a big kids play area which we used for a long time. There is a massive aeroplane which you can explore and I would say is the highlight. If it is a nice day and you can make the most of the outdoor equipment it is worth a visit. If its a rainy day i wouldn't bother. It was £18 for a family of four which I thought was a little steep however we spent around three hours here mainly having a beer in the sun while the kids enjoyed themselves!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

the displays here are somewhat worn and faded by the sun however the fort itself is well worth a visit, underground tunnels and bunkers so bring a tourch. good place for the kids.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have been here several times and have found that the kids are happily entertained for 3-4 hours. Lots of underground bunker exhibits with different time periods, outdoor defences positions overlooking the river and usually some entertainment (wartime sing-alongs, re-enactments, rallies etc). There is also a small adventure type playground, large multi level transport plane exhibit and some battlements. Take a picnic along (there is a big picnic area). Place is a little on the shabby looking side - but then it is supposed to be a war/period type of exhibit. World War battle re-enactment days and themed events are definitely the best. I have given it a 4 because it is fairly unique - it is also gets the kids asking questions so is quite educational.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I took my son here as more of a walk down memory lane (we used to walk past the abandoned fort when I was a kid). It was during the week so it was very quiet. Although they say there is a charge for all children I think under 3's must be free as they didnt charge for my son who is 2. He loved the aircraft hanger, the play area, the Action Man exhibit, the fire engine and generally exploring as it is a large area its spread over. We didnt go in the underground exhibits as my son was not keen on going into the dark. There was plenty of information (not that my son let me read it) on the history of the place and other world war memorabilia. We had a pleasant snack from the Bar and the prices were very reasonable for the food. I think it is an ideal place for those that have an interest in the history of the Fort - both old and young although for those who are less able bodied there is a lot of ground to cover as its spread out and not really many places to sit and rest other than near the eating area. There are lots of mini exhibits in the outhouses so its good value for money.