“Fantastic service!”

Kingston Theatre Hotel
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We held a surprise party for my mum's 50th birthday here on Friday and we had a wonderful night. Gary, Angie and the rest of the staff couldn't have been any more attentive and helpful - they were on hand to assist my Gran into the lift, provided veggie and gluten free plates for guests with special dietary requirements and Gary even welcomed my parents as if they had a table booked for a meal so my mum wouldn't suspect a party until she opened the door to the restaurant! My parents stayed over and said the room was huge and spotlessly clean and their full English breakfasts were delicious. I'm so glad we held the party at the Kingston Theatre Hotel and would definitely recommend it as the service was just fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Kingston Theatre Hotel

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Tempted not to share this one - what a great find! Stayed overnight in a single room to attend a "do" nearby. While very definitely a "single" the room had everything I needed, including a full sized ironing board and iron, a fan (it was a hot evening) and soap/shampoo etc in the nice modern bathroom. Would have benefitted from a shelf in the shower, but otherwise faultless and great value for money!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Visited for a meal for our anniversary, excellent service. Very friendly staff. Excellent value for money. Very good food. Shame the place wasn't more full. More people should know about your restaurant. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My partner and I have stayed here twice while exploring Hull before deciding to move here. Our first impression was how it is pleasantly set apart from the main city centre so it was peaceful but it was easy to walk into town. We were a little worried when we saw we had to pay for parking but the minute we stepped inside the lady at reception showed us where we could park for free.

One thing I have to say is how truly pleasant the staff were to us. If service is important to you, stay here. The lady at reception was genuinely helpful and very professional. At other hotels we have stayed at the staff who are professional also seem to be snooty but though this hotel and staff are very well presented, they were also very nice.

The room rivalled many much more expensive hotel rooms that we have had before. Exceptionally clean with lovely decor.

This is far too cheaply priced for the standard of service.

Room Tip: Ask specifically if you would prefer a bath or a shower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is probably the best hotel we have stayed in the uk.the room was large and spacious,lovely big king size bed,en suite and all the gizmos like kettle,hair dryer,iron,alarm clock,telephone,dressing gowns,big bath, shower...everything.
It's located in a very quiet square,and it was pleasent to hear early morning birdsong.
The food was. Delicious,and the service supreme...would definitely recommend.
Cheers

Myway

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed here in june 2013 whilst on university visits. Had a twin room which was huge with a double bed and a single - might even have ben a queen size bed. Loads of pillows and extremely comfortable nights sleep. I was a little worried when i came back to find a wedding party having their reception but I was n the top floor and didn't hear anything once in my room. The bathroom was a little tired and my main gripe was a bathroom tap mixer shower that varied from lava ht to ice cold. Only a trained safecracker would have been able to get the right temperature with the finest of turns on the taps. Really need to invest in a better shower arrangement. No safe either but good security locks on the doors.
Breakfast was good with a made to order cooked with great toast and marmalade.
Parking is a slight nuisance as it is pay and display outside.If you are not out to feed the meter by 830am even on a saturday you risk a ticket.If the reception had advised me I would have appreciated it .
Overall it was very reasonable if a little on the pricey side.

Room Tip: Its a bit of a rabbit warren as you go upstairs but i would say the higher you go the quieter it is.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Really impressed with the hotel from start to finish. I looked up the hotel while planning a trip for my girlfriends 1st visit to the UK and we had booked in because of watching a show at Kingston new theatre. I wanted to book a hotel that had some character rather than a big chain to make it more interesting for my girlfriend but was still looking for somewhere close to the theatre so we could relax and have a few drinks without driving. This hotel seemed ideal online so booked on bookings.com, I then called the hotel just to confirm the booking and spoke to Louise who couldn't have been more helpful. After asking where we were traveling from she was kind enough to get an upgrade to the bridal suite to make the night even more special for our trip. The night we arrived Louise was actually working on reception and was even more helpful in the flesh. Louise helped us with a frustrating council pay and display system outside the hotel for our parking to make it the best value for money, then told us of the AMAZING special meal on for residents (choice of fish main with a drink for £10). The meal was really good and a great start to a fantastic evening at the theatre (the theatre is a 1 minute walk through a really nice park in front of the theatre), the evening ended with Louise greeting us back and handing us over to the night porter to serve us some drinks before she finished her shift for the night.
We got up late for breakfast which says more about the comfort of the bed than anything else! When I did go down to reception to check on the ticket for the car Louise was back on duty to greet me and also kindly printed me out directions to our next hotel. I was very impressed with the service and you could tell that Louise really cared about the hotel and was superb for our whole stay. If we were in the area again we would definitely stay again and the night really exceeded all my expectations.

The stay was very good but the most impressive part was that it cost us less than £50! The value was amazing with service I would be impressed at in a 5* resort.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple