“Ok but there are better”
Review of Ibis Hull

Ibis Hull
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Basic hotel with basic facilities, friendly enough staff but lacking in oh so many departments. Lets be clear, the hotel was functional at best and suitable for our needs for what was fundementally a business trip, but would I stay with my family... no thanks

Rooms were OK but could do with a really good clean, bar and commual areas small and struggle to cope when busy.

I had an issue with my room access card and could not get it to work multiple times which on one occassion led to four visits up and down to get it working. When it was eventually programmed and my room number (which I had forgotten) was confirmed... it was for someone elses room!

I think I would choose to find the local premier inn next time I need to visit, at least I know what I am getting with them!

Room Tip: Book a different hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disapointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with utmost seriousness and I have noted your comments regarding your key being programmed.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Ibis is very near the railway station, though not that centrally located for bars and restaurants. The room was clean, good bathroom, but basic facilities - however for about £45 per night, what can you say? The breakfast was buffet style.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Ibis Hull. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Clean enough, decent value. Most of all, convenient for where I needed to be. Would I go again? Probably not.
Pro's:
Close to Station, 5 min walk to center of town.
Cons:
No wifi when I visited, poor selection of TV chan

Room Tip: Swings and roundabouts, ground floor is noisy, but upper floors are serviced by I lift that wheezes...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Ibis Hull. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments regarding free WIFI which is currently being installed and we should have avaiable for you by Monday 10th June 2013.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Hull, to find the Ibis at the end of the road where we usually stay near. Location was fine but that was all that was good about it. Our receptionist checked us in, complained over hayfever (which I have myself so can empathise) to then direct us down a corridor where the lift supposedly was. It turned out we actually passed it at the reception.Our card didnt swipe and we required about parking as we hadn't been told where was best. The rooms were adequate for the price but was a bit dusty. We had a good night out and came back to our room that evening. My other half couldn't sleep well as there wasn't a blackout blind, so he was awake at 5am. We tried dozing a bit but were woken by 2 cleaners after 9amshouting to each other with squeaky cleaning carts. To make it worse one just walked into the room without knocking. Wouldn't recommend, the price was the only thing decent. Will return to holiday inn express instead!

• Stayed: May 2013

I am sorry on this occasion that you were dissapointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating your comments.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent location, we walked with our luggage to and from the station and easy walking distance from city centre attractions and museums. Even walked to KC stadium. Standard Ibis room, but second bed (which we didn't need) was set up. This meant losing sofa seating. There wasn't really a table where I could set up my laptop. Shower tray slow to drain (we told reception as we left).
Reception very friendly and helpful. Breakfast good. We would go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review abouit your recent visit to Ibis Hull. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay we have noted your comments regarding the extra being down and the shower trap draining slowly which we are addressing.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is the 1st time, I have booked with the Ibis Hotel. I booked a family room for me and my wife and my 8 year old son who has autism. The room was very clean and staff were very good in their jobs. The shower was just right. On arrival we decided to have breakfast this morning and the choice was excellent and all food was fresh and hot. Will def use Ibis again and would def return to this hotel in Hull.

Room Tip: we had family room number which was on ground floor level and towards back of hotel, so didnt hear a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to writwe a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've just left Hull and on train home after a week in Sunny Hull on training course. I've had a great stay at the ibis. I wanted to do this review while it was still fresh in my mind. The staff were great and very helpful especially smiling Keeley.I can't wait to go back this time for a relaxing weekend break.Thank you for a great week.See you soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind compliments and comments - I am delighted that you that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.