“Clean economy accommodation” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ibis Hull
Stroud
“Clean economy accommodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Ibis is very near the railway station, though not that centrally located for bars and restaurants. The room was clean, good bathroom, but basic facilities - however for about £45 per night, what can you say? The breakfast was buffet style.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Ibis Hull. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Phil Woods

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Clean enough, decent value. Most of all, convenient for where I needed to be. Would I go again? Probably not.
Pro's:
Close to Station, 5 min walk to center of town.
Cons:
No wifi when I visited, poor selection of TV chan

Room Tip: Swings and roundabouts, ground floor is noisy, but upper floors are serviced by I lift that wheezes...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Ibis Hull. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments regarding free WIFI which is currently being installed and we should have avaiable for you by Monday 10th June 2013.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Hull, to find the Ibis at the end of the road where we usually stay near. Location was fine but that was all that was good about it. Our receptionist checked us in, complained over hayfever (which I have myself so can empathise) to then direct us down a corridor where the lift supposedly was. It turned out we actually passed it at the reception.Our card didnt swipe and we required about parking as we hadn't been told where was best. The rooms were adequate for the price but was a bit dusty. We had a good night out and came back to our room that evening. My other half couldn't sleep well as there wasn't a blackout blind, so he was awake at 5am. We tried dozing a bit but were woken by 2 cleaners after 9amshouting to each other with squeaky cleaning carts. To make it worse one just walked into the room without knocking. Wouldn't recommend, the price was the only thing decent. Will return to holiday inn express instead!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry on this occasion that you were dissapointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating your comments.

Romford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent location, we walked with our luggage to and from the station and easy walking distance from city centre attractions and museums. Even walked to KC stadium. Standard Ibis room, but second bed (which we didn't need) was set up. This meant losing sofa seating. There wasn't really a table where I could set up my laptop. Shower tray slow to drain (we told reception as we left).
Reception very friendly and helpful. Breakfast good. We would go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review abouit your recent visit to Ibis Hull. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay we have noted your comments regarding the extra being down and the shower trap draining slowly which we are addressing.

Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is the 1st time, I have booked with the Ibis Hotel. I booked a family room for me and my wife and my 8 year old son who has autism. The room was very clean and staff were very good in their jobs. The shower was just right. On arrival we decided to have breakfast this morning and the choice was excellent and all food was fresh and hot. Will def use Ibis again and would def return to this hotel in Hull.

Room Tip: we had family room number which was on ground floor level and towards back of hotel, so didnt hear a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to writwe a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Ramsgate
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've just left Hull and on train home after a week in Sunny Hull on training course. I've had a great stay at the ibis. I wanted to do this review while it was still fresh in my mind. The staff were great and very helpful especially smiling Keeley.I can't wait to go back this time for a relaxing weekend break.Thank you for a great week.See you soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind compliments and comments - I am delighted that you that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

The room was perfect for my daughter and I to spend the night before an event on the Saturday. Basic but very comfortable - we didn't need any frills. The toilet did gurgle every time someone in surrounding rooms flushed theirs, and there was a slight odour by morning that was nothing to do with us (room 8 if anyone wants to check it out). I did have a bit of an issue with the online booking, which stated I had to use a credit card when I got to the final payment stage, and also said that debit cards with the same logo would not be accepted. As a precaution I rang the hotel because i do not have a credit card, and was told if I booked with the girl I was talking to I would have to pay £9 extra. Not wanting to pay more i said I would leave it for now and try again online. Sadly the girl was quite terse and huffy with me at that point. I managed to book with a debit card despite what the website said. I believe it was the same girl I spoke to that checked me in (name badge) and I didn't appreciate the apparent "secret" sign she made to her colleague at which point they both stared at me, making me feel pretty uncomfortable. It was clear I had been a subject for discussion the night before. Not what you need after a long drive. I understand work brings frustrations, as does your website, but please do not make them so obvious to your customers. My work brings its own stress, and I certainly do not need any more adding to the leisure time I have, and for which I am paying.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IbisHullManager, General Manager at Ibis Hull, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I am sorry that on this occassion that you are dissapointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with utmost seriusness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me direct should you want a room at Ibis Hull in the future and I will make sure your stay is a successful one.