Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Trip to the deep

My son is only 7 and loved it. It was really interesting and very educational for him. You can go... read more

Reviewed yesterday
johnperrott180
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
via mobile
Took my 2 year old grandson

I have been to the Deep twice now , once with my older children and the last time with my 2 year... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
kerryeibhlin
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
via mobile

4,184 results
All reviews fish sea life main tank large tank bubble lift penguin enclosure an aquarium annual pass gift aid soft play area picnic area all ages interactive displays school holidays car park family ticket half term
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've visited the deep three times this year with my little girl. It's great for looking at marine life and very informative. However I find it a but hit and miss usually I've visited in the school holidays and although busy we've had a nice time and not struggled to see anything. On this occasion I went with my mum in term time thinking it would be lively and quiet how wrong was I. There were alot of school trips and although somewhere lovely plite and we'll behaved others wernt. I really think there should be a limit set on how many are allowed in one day. Also fir the first time I used the cafe, the food was great. The drinks not so much you get like two thirds of a cup. But the real problem was the seating it was quiet when we went in so got sat by the window. Come finishing and leaving it was busy and you couldn't get through with the pram without moving people. Some of which wernt too happy. All in all I will be returning but it will definitely be back to pack ups.

Date of experience: November 2018
TheDeep-HU14DP, Public Relations Manager at The Deep, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are really pleased to hear you enjoy visiting us. We do find a slightly quieter time to visit is before 11am and after 2:30pm.
Hope to ‘sea’ you again soon! Best Fishes, The Deep Crew

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited today with my husband had a lovely warm welcome from the ladies on the ticket desk. Started with a tea and bacon buttie in the lovely cafe, delicious and very reasonable. The whole experience was amazing I feel privileged to have seen such wonders of the ocean and to learn so much. Even the blue spotted ray posed so I could take a photo. All the staff were very friendly. Would recommend it to everyone and will definitely be coming back. Thank you.

Date of experience: November 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are really pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit. Hope to ‘sea’ you again soon! Best Fishes, The Deep Crew

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited yesterday with my 95 year old father, who likes to push his wheelchair(!). We had no problem finding the venue as there are signs all the way from the Humber bridge.
When we first arrived at the ticket desk the lady (sorry I didn't get her name) went out of her way to be helpful and extended the time validity of our ticket as we had not been able to use it over the last 12 months, plus as our party was now 4, and not 5 as per our ticket we got a refund - all of this was totally unexpected and very welcome.
We went straight to the café, and enjoyed a coffee, which was good.
After we had gone through the exhibits we returned to the café and had an excellent lunch - good food at reasonable prices.
After lunch we wanted to watch the feeding, but didn't want walk all the way round again, so a very helpful member of staff (Kirsty) took us down in a lift and then made sure we were got seats in the correct location.
The exhibits were very good, although we somehow thought it would be bigger.
We came away with a very warm feeling about the venue.

Date of experience: November 2018

Yes, should a ticket be pre-bought (usually online) but not used, we are able to update the 12 month validation date from the date you actually visit us and not the date of purchase. We can also issue a refund should there be a change in number circumstance. (As in this instance from a party of 5 to a party of 4 and the ticket had not be used)
Once the ticket holder(s) have visited The Deep that is the date when the 12 month free returns begins.

Hope to ‘sea’ you again soon!
Best Fishes, The Deep Crew

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Today i went to the deep with a friend and his son, we had a nice time. his son liked the soft play area and the sand, where you can dig for fossils.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

An excellent day out. There is a variety of underwater habitats and many species of fish. Plus they have Gentoo penguins. The entry price (£13.50 for an adult) gives repeat entry for the year so offers good value.