“exceptional staff”

Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Reviewed October 17, 2013

i have stayed at this hotel and have enjoyed both the smile and personal attention of the lady who works the breakfast shift...sadly i cannot recall her name whilst writing the review but for sure in all of the many hotels i stay in she stands out by a country mile....I will find her name as i wrote it down.....

Room Tip: stay away from the staff lift as it gets a bit noisy early doors
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Whitfis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments especially with regards to our breakfast staff, we will pass your comments on with thanks.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel in Hull, not many of this rating in the city centre. The hotel offers great swimming and health club facilities, nice clean rooms and the meal we had in the bar was very filling. Lauren who was on the reception was a delighful young lady, very pleasant and knowledgeable of the local area which was very helpful. The same applied to Marie in the morning during our breakfast. She couldn't do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble and she was very attentive through the service. We shall be returning to 'ull in the not so distant future and will make this our first stop.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments with regards to our hotel and staff, especially for Laurren & Maria who you personally mentioned your comments have been passed on to them with thanks.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I attended a full wedding in this establishment and can in all honesty say that I had a wonderful time.
The management and the staff were polite, efficient and so very helpful.
The premises were immaculately clean and tidy and very well presented.
The Wedding meal was delicious and eye wateringly good.
The vantage on to the Marina set the whole thing off.

Well done you all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and for your kind comments about the Hotel. We pride ourselves on the service we offer to weddings and have many happy Brides & Grooms, family members and guests so we are very happy to hear you had a fantastic day.

Once again thank you for your positive feedback on the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, second time in my life and was once again happy with my choice. The staff at the reception was very helpful and quick and informed me about anything I needed. I found my room very spacious and nicely cleaned with some facilities to make a quick coffee or tea. My bathroom was perfect and it was a pleasure to take a shower after a long busy day. My room was situated next to the junction of the corridors and close to the lift so I must admit It was not as quiet as expected. As a perk I had a small balcony with a view towards Hull Marina. In the morning I went for a nice breakfast and was served by excellent team of waiters and waitresses who tried their best to make you happy in the early morning of a rainy day. The hotel itself is well-situated within the walking distance to shopping centres, town centre and railway station. There is also no problem with parking your car.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel, our staff and i am pleased you enjoyed our locations & views.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on a Sunday, 2 rooms (one accessible). Friendly welcome. Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that the accessible room did not have a separate shower only a bath with a shower my mother in law cannot access into a bath so I would not class this as an accessible room. We were on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis and the food was really good, plenty of choice and good quality. From the waiting, bar and cleaning all staff were superb so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.
It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and I am glad that you liked your room, our fantastic location and enjoyed your meals in the restaurant, i have taken your point raised onboard with regards to the shower/bath in the accessable room and we are looking at corrective action for the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel so please do let us know if we can do anything for you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed a Saturday night and found the staff at the hotel to be very friendly and very helpful.

I had booked a room overlooking the Marina, and although it was a lovely view, not knowing what the other views were, not sure if it was worth the extra. The room was spacious, clean and for a change the bed was comfortable (stayed in a few hotels recently were the mattresses have been rock hard). Also the window opened, which, as the weather was still warm was a blessing.

The TV although not basic, did not have all the Freeview channels.

I asked at reception for directions to the KC Stadium and was given a map and a perfect set of directions. The receptionist was happy to go over the directions more than once as I have a terrible sense of direction.

I had room service which was exceptionally quick. The chips were heavenly. The portions good (although not too much chicken in my curry)!

I was in room 234, at the end of the corridor which was quite noisy, could have had something to do with the staff lifts being there, but not noisy enough to complain about for one night.

My only fault with the hotel is that I left an item in the bathroom, I rang the hotel within 24 hours and was told they could not locate the item, posted a random comment on twitter which was picked up by IHG Care, and within 48 hours the item had been located??!!

Other than that, this hotel is in a lovely location, the KC stadium and railway station are in walking distance and there is a shopping centre just across the road. All the staff I encountered in person at the hotel were happy to go above and beyond.

I would recommend and use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.
I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guest’s needs, so I am pleased you found our staff very friendly & helpful but am sorry to hear that there was a noise that was an annoyance to you & that you had lost an item which was returned to you in the end so we do apologise for this inconvenience caused.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed four nights at the Holiday Inn Hull Marina, whilst in Hull on a induction & training course.
No complaqints, the hotel did what it said it would.
Friendly & welcoming staff, a good restaurant & clean comfortable rooms

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and our welcoming staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel so please do let us know if you need anything in the not to distant future.