“Fantastic wedding venue”

Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic wedding venue”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We have just had our wedding at this hotel and they did an amazing job for us. Charlotte and Andrew worked incredibly hard giving a first class professional service on our big day. The food was excellent and very good value. I went for a shabby chic theme and dropped off bags of table decorations and they took care of setting everything up so it looked beautiful. Location is fabulous abduction well looked after - can't beat this for a wedding venue. Thanks again guys.

1 Thank Sandie W
Kerry W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review and for your kind comments about the Hotel. We pride ourselves on the service we offer to weddings and have many happy Brides and Grooms, so we are delighted you had a day to remember & congratulations again.

Once again thank you for your positive feedback on the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Wetherby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Holiday inn ? Are you sure ? From being a boy I have for some reason always wanted to stay at this hotel , perhaps it's the location which in my eyes is the finest in Hull . The staff where fantastic at all levels very friendly and I dunno just really nice, professional smiley and helpfull but above all genuine which is a rare find . Room was good but breakfast ooooo I do love a good breakfast and more often than not am disappointed , not here ( I once ranted for an hour or so about bad eggs ) . In all it was perfect . Forget the deals spend bit more and stay among the boats , we are sailing , we are ...... You get it . My wife was aching ( feet ) and didn't want to wear her dancing shoes , she was quickly furnished with slippers , just another example of the excellent service , well done Holiday inn . If I was a millionaire I would buy the hotel as long as my yacht had prime position of coarse ...... See you again . Dylan and Suzanne ( wetherby )

Room Tip: Marine view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dylan m
Kerry W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, July 22, 2013

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guest’s needs, so I am pleased you found our staff very friendly & helpful, enjoyed our location & mostly your breakfast. We have our fingers crossed for your lottery win to become a millionaire :)

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here for work in July, The hotel is in a great location especially when the weather is good. The hotel is clean and tidy and the staff are very friendly. there is decent leisure facilities on site. The food the hotel serves is good but the one thing i have thats negative is the same as all holiday inns the choice is very small especially if like me you are there for a week at a time.
over all pleasent stay and when in Hull i will stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the marina
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly, thank you for your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.
Bridlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We've been to this hotel about 5 times in the last 3 months but can only leave a review once in 3 months and wish I could leave more as every stay has been fantastic. On the last visit Katherine checked us in and she is a real credit to the Holiday Inn, always very friendly and helpful. We had room 126, a newly refurbished executive room with lovely Japanese style screens at the window. The room is so nice and also over-looks the marina. Breakfast was superb, as always, with lots of freshly cooked choices. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The rooms over-looking the Marina are the quietest.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loobyloo111
Kerry W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, July 17, 2013

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

I was really delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guest’s needs, so I am pleased you found our staff very friendly & helpful especially Katherine who you personally mentioned, thank you.

Market Deeping, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for the weekend on blazing sunshine so the air conditioning was welcome. The quiet swimming pool came on handy as well.
Service was excellent from reception to departure with every staff ember we met speaking to us .
Breakfast was lovely and good value (if you book ahead )
Usually stay on the premier inn but it now has some competition !

1 Thank Brian M

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guest’s needs, so I am pleased you found our staff friendly & recieved excellent service.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday inn Marina for one night to attend my Master Degree from the University of Hull. The hotel is clean, small and decent. The breakfast is having reasonable varieties. Check in was smooth and check out was smooth too but the receptionist had refused to give me more than one hour for a late check out because they are saying that the hotel is fully booked. I did not see that because most of the time I can hardly see not more that 5 persons in total going around and even at the breakfast time the total number did not exceed 10.
The rooms are clean and I would say that this hotel is 3 star hotel.
I would recommend the hotel if they adjust the rooms doors closure devices where the doors are closed with a bang that is totally annoying and disturbing especially while sleeping.
I would recommend this hotel if they only adjust or fix that problem.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you liked our hotel & enjoyed your breakfast, we have taken your points raised onboard and always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here for business, hadn't been to Hull for several years and was pleasantly surprised at how much Hull itself had changed. The hotel is literally next to the Marina, which is very pleasant. Breakfast was good and the staff were friendly. A definite minus though was the expensive hotel WIFI, so many hotels offer free WIFI these days and I refused to pay the fee.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kerry W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, July 9, 2013

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs so I am pleased you found our staff very friendly & helpful. We do now offer free WiFi to all of our IHG Reward Gold & Platinum members and from 2014 this will be inclusive to all IHG Reward members so i do hope this will help you in the future.