“Good Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel several times through business and found it to be a clean, modern and quiet hotel in a good location. The free access to the well-equipped onsite gym was a well-received bonus especially whilst there was snow outside. The food was a little over-priced however there are several restaurants across the road. The staff were always friendly and there was a good selection for breakfast. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kerry W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, March 4, 2013

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs so I am pleased you found our staff friendly & enjoyed our onsite gym with pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Braunton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I would like to thank Holiday Inn Hull Marina for making good to their offer of a free night stay to rectify complaints from our last visit. I would still like to see two bath robes provided for Executive Rooms instead of having to share this is a good value for Standard rooms but compares poorly with other hotels who make similar charges.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kerry W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this review, February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you returned to the hotel accepting a complimentary stay here with us and that you enjoyed your stay.

We have taken your point with the bath robes onboard, as we do always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.
Wednesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel numerous times due to work commitments in the locality. The stay is always pleasant and the rooms are always clean and very well maintained. Food is of a very good standard and have never had a bad meal. The bar area is very good, drinks cost a little more as you would expect in a hotel but sport on the TV is always worth paying for. Breakfast is very good and a good choice for all tastes and the lady who always seem to be on breakfast duty always greets you with a smile and a great positive attitude to start the day. The locality of the hotel itself is good as it is just off the main road into Hull and is very close to the centre of town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and I am very glad that you like the hotel, our fantastic location, enjoyed your meals & found our staff to be friendly.

Please let us know if we can do anything else for you & we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Aalborg, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice and modern Hotel located at the waterfront, inner harbour.
If arriving by boat, quay facilities can be arranged by the Hotel
Nice for a evening stroll and numerous nice fishing restaurants like wise.
English breakfast as only made in the Uk.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel its marina location and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs so I am pleased you also enjoyed your breakfast.

Paphos, Cyprus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in December for my sisters wedding. Overall the hotel was nice but there was a few hiccups during our stay.

Upon arriving on a Friday night we checked into our rooms, there was a little mix up with the rooms and keys which kept deactivating but this was solved eventually.
The rooms were fairly standard but clean and had everything you needed. There was a party going on downstairs which if you were in a room on the ground floor or near to the function rooms, I can imagine it would get a little noisy.
I checked out the wifi prices which were rather extortionate, I think it was £5 per hour. But after going down to the front desk to speak about getting it, they gave me it for free for the check in mess up.

After a good night sleep it was time for the wedding day. I went to my sisters room to get my hair done and my mum arrived asking for the key to my room to get the wedding dress from my wardrobe. I gave her the key but she returned minutes later saying the key did not work. She went down to front desk and they said they refused to re activate the key until I went downstairs and paid for the room. My mum explained to them that I was getting my hair done in a different room, that I was not dressed and my bag and purse was locked in the room they refused to let me in but they still wanted to speak to me. So I had to go down to the front desk in my pyjamas, barefoot and cold to pay for a room with someone else's money because my purse was locked in mine.

So, onto the wedding. Firstly the music my sister was meant to walk down the isle to was forgotten as the CD player was broken. Then we went into the dinner hall to wait until the room for the wedding breakfast was ready. This ran an hour late and people started complaining that they were hungry. To apologise, a member off staff gave my sister a bottle of cheap bubbly on the house. The rest of the wedding ran smoothly and was beautiful.

During the 2 days we were there, I think I had to go get my card keys reactivated about 20-30 times to the point where the woman on the front desk was a bit rude to me and asked me what I was doing with them but they just kept stopping working.

Over all the stay was pleasant. I think if it wasn't for the fact that it was my sisters wedding so no matter what happened, we have fond memories of it, I would have probably have given it a lesser score. But the wedding was beautiful so I cant complain too much.
Oh and I will also add that Tom, the member of staff who was sort of in charge, was very popular with the ladies and brightened a lot of peoples moods.

Room Tip: ask for a higher up room to avoid party noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

I was pleased to read that your sisters special day was beautiful for all to enjoy & the new Mr & Mrs had a day to remember. Please accept our apologies regarding your room key error we now have our maintenance team taking corrective action to ensure this does not accrue again, as we do always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

West Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

People in Hull were generally friendly, but the staff at this Holiday Inn were very friendly, well done Holiday Inn for employing people who want to help.
Parking - a few free spaces on the quey, just outside the front door - we parked for 2 days no problem

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and I am so pleased you found our staff friendly & helpful, your kind words have been passed on.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Really nice hotel. Reception staff were very helpful. The room was clean and really quiet even though we were on the side overlooking the road. The breakfast was really good, it was a buffet 2 mornings and then the final morning it was cooked to order (probably because the hotel was quiet) but it still arrived really quicky and had obviously been cooked fresh. All the staff were very helpful, polite and friendly, nothing seemed too much trouble. The pool and gym were nice and quiet although I didn't use the gym only the pool. I would definately reccomend and will return.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor on the road side but it was very quiet, the marina side would have a better...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs so I am pleased you found our staff very friendly & helpful and enjoyed your breakfast also.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston-upon-Hull
Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hot...
#2 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Ibis Hull
Ibis Hull
#5 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Holiday Inn  Express Hull City Centre
Holiday Inn Express Hull City C...
#8 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Lazaat
Lazaat
#1 of 1 in Cottingham

Been to Holiday Inn Hull Marina? Share your experiences!