“Good location / hotel”

Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Good hotel for price I paid, great view from room and clean though Freeview TV no Sky. No noise at night so great for a good nights sleep. Friendly staff and good breakfast. Parking on site £5 I would return,only down point charge for wifi.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank McF1888
Kerry W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed your breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have absolutely no qualms about recommending this hotel. The room is fine for an overnight stay and while there were some delays at getting tea and coffee at breakfast the buffet was more than adequate. Both the staff at the front desk and at breakfast were courteous and friendly and they accomodated my request to have a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the marina which has to be quieter than the other side of the hotel. I originally booked to have an evening meal at the hotel restaurant but instead opted to go across the road to the busier ASK restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the bach overlooking the marina. Very quiet and better than overlooking the road

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs so I am pleased you found our staff courteous & friendly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Typical UK hotel. I travel all over Europe and I am ashamed to say that Brits do not do hotels well, until you get into the uber star ratings.
The hotel is dated and worn, staff are friendly but when there is a que of four waiting to check in the manager should not chat to the person checking in rather than opening another line. Poor skills even if the customer often books the conference room. Breakfast staff were great, I had to beg to not be served more tea. I hate to say it again but access to the internet is not a luxury. It should be free wifi. Come on holiday inn and Britain as a whole, lets get it together. If your not sure, look at the Germans and Dutch.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Kerry W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you found our staff very friendly whilst staying here with us also that you enjoyed your breakfast, we have taken your points raised onboard and always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Easy surface parking, swift welcoming and friendly check-in, fair sized well equipped room overlooking the marina.

Ate dinner in the restaurant, quality good, ample portion size, wine overpriced, all in all though a pleasant experience in a nice room overlooking the marina. Service was very friendly, attentive and professional.

Location is excellent for the marina, The Deep, City Centre and old town area.

Hull has a nice art gallery, good museums, a selection of character real ale type pubs in the old town, and is good for a short break.

Room Tip: Top floor, marina view is good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Overall, this is a good hotel for a business traveler. We don't need all the bells and whistles but it is important to have the basic essentials to support working from the hotel room.

Pros:
Good Central location
Nice courteous staff
Decent restaurant & Room Service
Nice view of the Marina
Very quiet hotel & rooms
WiFi available in the rooms (this is nice for business travelers, that don't want to be forced to sit at the desk. I enjoy answering emails etc from the comfort of my bed)

Cons:
Heating - when I visited the temp was -5C. It was troublesome getting the temp warm. I had to change rooms, in order to get a room that provided sufficient heat.

The gym is a joke - it has limited access hours (9am-9pm). There are "personal trainers" that want to instruct you the entire time, when it is not a state of the art facility. It's a very, very tiny room ( what was probably a storage closet), with a mirror on the wall, a couple of treadmills and a few weights. This was the most frustrating part of the trip because with the limited access and the "personal trainers" hovering the entire time, I did not go to the gym to run. I was forced to do some sit-ups, push-ups in the room.

Room Tip: Good location and amenities for business travelers. However, if you have to get a run in/ exercise b...

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you found our staff very courteous & you enjoyed the Restaurant, your room service, WiFi and of course our fantastic location with Marina Views.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused with the heating in your room, our maintenance team are now working to fix this error for the future, and we take your personal opinion & points raised on board regarding the Spirit Health Club.

However we do believe here at Hull we are one of the most fully equip health clubs within the Holiday Inn Hotels. We currently have 4 treadmills, 4 bikes, 2 rowing machines, 2 cross trainers and 2 steppers. Our resistance equipment includes 6 pieces of static machines, 2 weight benches, dumbbells ranging from 1kg - 20kg and a Olympic bar that can be weighted to over 100kg.
Most importantly our Lifestyle consultants are available to instruct members and guests on safe, effective training and to always be around to support & help develop every individual guest or member when their help is needed or asked for.

We do always try our best to ensure we meet our guest’s needs & expectations so we thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here for 1 snowy night on business.
Have stayed at this hotel before and it was every bit as good as my previous visit. The reception staff are extremely friendly and the room was spacious & clean.
The location is handy for the town centre & is situated right on the marina with some pleasant views.
Breakfast at £9.99 was worth it & £5 to park is cheaper than other hotels I've used.
Definitely one of the better hotels in Hull.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Kerry W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs so I am pleased you found our staff very friendly & helpful.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed 5 nights at the Holiday Inn Hull Marina for business recently and I see why my company recommended this hotel as the location and service were top notch - beyond what I have ever experienced at US or international Holiday Inn's in the past. The location was easy walking distance to spots around the marina as well as city center, train station and the old town.
The hotel itself, however, is old with dated everything (carpet, mirrors, closet, bathtub,etc). I was given a room with two twin size beds that were neither comfortable nor appropriate size for an adult. I asked to switch rooms but they were fully booked :-( I understand nothing could be done to switch me but why do they have rooms with twin sized beds anyway...for an American brand hotel, I expect at least a full size bed.
There was also a smell in a couple of the guest rooms (I know of at least two because I asked to be switched out of the first due to the smell and unclean sheets. The second had the same smell of musty urine but it was not as strong, plus the sheets were clean, so I stayed there. I have given a 3/5 on the rating due to the smell and the twin beds.
I had dinner twice in the hotel restaurant and, again, the service was fantastic! The food was average but certainly acceptable for the price.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the marina and full-size or larger bed would be best.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Kerry W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hull Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

I was pleased to read that you found our staff & service fantastic, however we have taken your points raised onboard with corrective action taking place. We do always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations so please accept our apologies for this inconvenience caused to yourself on this occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Hull Marina.