Stayed one night on business midweek in January. Arrived early at 1400 and was able to check in. Reception staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful.
As I went to my room on the second floor, I noted that cleaning staff were still in the process of cleaning rooms, and that a half eaten room service tray (presumably from the night before) was on the floor outside of my room.
Room was large enough and pleasantly furnished, choice of soft or firm pillows, TV was OK
aircon and fan worked fine. View sadly was of the car park not the marina. Bathroom was perfectly adequate with a shower which had some power, although the shower head was fixed too low in my opinion I'm only 5'10" but had to bend my head to get it under the shower.
I left the room about 30 minutes later to go for a walk, and noted that the cleaners had finished and that the room service tray had now moved to the end of the corridor.
Outside the hotel has private parking for £5 per night - not excessive, employer was paying, but is such a charge really necessary? Located adjacent to the marine, the Humber is a 5 minute walk away, with nice views across and along the river. The bank has been renovated and forms part of the Trans Pennine Trail. The Deep is only a 15 minute walk away along the river bank.
I returned to the hotel at about 1700 hours and upon leaving the lift was surprised to find "that tray" was still there. It was still there 30 minutes later when I went to use the sauna and pool, I therefore reported it to reception, who to their credit were very apologetic.
Fitness area seemed fine, with all the usual machines. Changing rooms were clean and functional. The pool was small, but again clean and very usable, with a constant depth of 1.1 metres. The water however was heated far too high for my personal taste. The sauna room(s) however were located inside each changing room - and were therefore separated by sex. No problem on this business trip, however had I been with my wife we would have found this feature annoying.
Upon my return to my room, I noted that the tray had been removed.
Breakfast was OK, nothing special, standard buffet fayre, although only 2 fruit juices (orange and apple) were available which I found disappointing. Extra dishes such as poached eggs and omelettes may be ordered. Like many hotels the scrambled eggs were not the best, strange for something so simple......
The walk in rate shown behind the desk was £139 for a standard room, my employer's travel agency had paid a rate less than half of that. With the price we paid I was content, however I would have been extremely disappointed had we paid the walk in rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel enjoys an excellent location close to East coast seaside resorts, and is an excellent base for visiting other major cities such as York, Leeds and also local attractions such as The Deep. The hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers, our Executive Marina view rooms, which some boast balconies ideal for evening drinks. Facilities including 100 fully air conditioned bedrooms, High Speed Internet Access. Conference and banqueting facilities for up to 120 people and a Spirit Heath and Leisure Club which includes a swimming pool. Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel has 4 meeting rooms that will cater for all requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings and Conferences to Weddings and Dinner Dances. Ample car parking is available at the hotel. Hotel restaurant, lounge and bar offer tempting dishes from around the world including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Both accessible and family rooms are available at the hotel.The hotel provides an ideal base for visiting local attractions including The Deep, Beverley Race Course, Hull's Museums and the KC Stadium. This hotel is pet friendly, the kids eat free and is fully non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Hull Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Hull Marina Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kingston-Upon-Hull
- Kingston-Upon-Hull Holiday Inn