“Out of the way restaurant”

Brewers Fayre Home Farm
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Out of the way restaurant”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We passed this place many times from the main road and promised ourselves we would visit .
What a delight we had the soup of the day and it was excellent followed by the mixed grill and finally the chocolate indulgence all of which we enjoyed.
The coffee refills were free .
I gave this restaurant 4 stars only because you had to order from the bar but don't let that put you of after that we got first class service the food was served and well presented.

• Visited May 2013

uk
“HONEST REVIEW, great PUB food, service & value for money”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I would firstly like to point out that this is a pub restaurant not a la catre, having read some previous reviews on here I am left feeling somewhat confused. Home Farm is a family restaurant & has an indoor & outdoor play area taking this into consideration surely noise is unavoidable & regarding children running wild, is it not the parents responsibility to keep them under control? As an alternative there is the option to use the large dining area upstairs which I always find very relaxed. The staff although rushed are very helpful, the food i've had was always hot & very enjoyable, a couple of times I have had to prompt for deserts, but due to the sheer size of the place it didnt disappoint me at all. Ive also started using the new Bonus Card Scheme they have & have had some good offers emailed to me too so im happy :) As for the place being a health risk I find that very hard to believe as I myself am a food inspector & dine in various places, Home Farm is one i have never found problems with. I always seem to find that if someone has had a poor experience they make very harsh comments & I believe that is very unfair, these type of comments can prove lethal to any business, especially if untrue, this is why I always give a very honest review regardless of me being happy or disappointed with the overall service & standards. So to end this review, give it a go & decide for yourself, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“room for improvement in all areas”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

came here for my father's 60th birthday meal with the whole family. Families are to be seated down stairs in the building. Opened the door to be ushered to a reserved table that was squashed with a lot of other tables to cram as many in as possible. It was v noisy, cramped & not pleasant. The clientel were rowdy, shouting & screaming kids barging into people, running riot. Food ordered, it arrived, was the usual chain pub food, nothing fab but edible. Baby change facilities were ok, ladies toilet the door lock was broken. Service was ok. Avoid ordering the carvery as you are expected to walk up & down a flight of stairs with your meal. Don't think we will be going back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tom S
Salisbury
“Poor customer care and service poor”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at the Premiere in February 2013 for two nights - celebrating my dad's 80th birthday. After a lovely day with my elderly parents I along with my husband, son, daughter-in-law and grandson decided to have a drink in the Homer Farm bar before returning to our rooms. We arrived just after 10:30pm to be told as there wasn't anyone in the pub they had cashed up and we couldn't get a drink we were not happy. I complained and was offered twenty pound voucher to spend with them. WE DID NOT RECEIVE IT, This was a promise from the manager. Service was disgusting. A poor partnership between Home Farm aznd Premier Inn. Never again.

• Visited February 2013
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Had the fish and chips all you can eat buffet and it was fantastic!! Great service and atmosphere, good value for money, clean and tidy :)