“Wow!”

Piccolo Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian cuisines with some French influences. We use fresh ingredients to serve Fillet steaks, various types of seafood such as scallops, king prawns and crabs, Pizza and pastass with homemade ravioli.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Well where do I begin?!
Came here after reading other tripadvisor reviews and seeing a 'free bottle of wine' offer on Facebook, my partner and I thought 'let's give it a go!' And I booked on Facebook for 7.30pm.
As we walked in it was very busy ( due to reopening that night after refurbishment) a jolly young woman with brown hair greeted us and took us to our table. The young woman had to reset the table as we were there and it seemed as though it had not been wiped from previous customers. However they were busy and the three young women on were all very hard working and extremely cheerful. We were told about the Facebook offer as we ordered our food (you have to book through Facebook to receive this offer I think) which was to come with our mains. I chose to have a prawn linguine, which came in a tomato sauce (which I don't like, upon request the waitress said it was no problem to change that to a creamy sauce for me!) Our starters were mussels and cheesey garlic bread, fabulous!! For main my partner had a meaty pasta and both arrived steamy hot! Nice and fresh :) The wine arrived, then we tucked into desserts, even though the some of the menu was unavailable, alternatives were offered. The staff were fantastic and nothing was too much, we also got talking to one staff member in particular (which turned out to be the owners daughter) and she stood with us for a good few minutes having a comfortable conversation with us.

Absolutely worth the £58 we paid for two of us having three courses and two rounds of drinks. It doesn't shout to you from the outside as somewhere of outstanding quality, but it definitely is that! Major recommendation here!

• Visited September 2013

Hull
“lovely anniversary meal”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went with my husband for our anniversary and had a great evening from walking in to leaving a couple hours later. Service was excellent and the food was fantastic. would definately recommend and shall be visiting again

• Visited August 2013
hull
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary meal”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Never been before but advised it was really good, booked on Facebook and received free bottle of wine with meal, the food is AMAZING, from start to finish , the service was also very good! I actually can't fault this place at all except for too much food! Great night guys!!

• Visited September 2013
East Yorkshire, England
“Very consistent”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have visited this bistro a few times now. The food is always very good, the service is excellent and the staff are very friendly. There is a good atmosphere too, we thoroughly recommend it.

• Visited August 2013
North Ferriby, United Kingdom
“Bit of a mix up with the offer”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I have previously reviewed (and tried to delete) this place but I thought it was the same place we frequently ordered take away from but I was mistaken as that takeaway is in Willerby.
Anywho, we visited for my aunts birthday and they had an offer on (I think it was two for one on mains but not certain as I was not paying ;)) When we arrived we were given one menu each and we chose, the food came pretty swiftly and we ate. The food was nice, the free glass of wine wasn't the best (but hey, it's free!) It was reasonably priced even before the offer, with the offer it was a great deal. However, when the bill came it was not right, as we had not been given the offer. We queried this and the staff were quite adamant we were given two Menus when we came in (which we wasn't) and we had chosen to order from the menu that was not covered under the offer. We explained that we were only given one menu and they still would not budge on price, we had to insist they rectify their mistake in the end. Whist I appreciate these things happen, I feel the customer service was lacking as the member of staff was quite rude and rather unhelpful. I'm not sure if they thought we were trying it on, but we did mention to the member of staff taking our order that we thought it was a good deal so they should have mentioned it then. Overall, nice food, good price, decent offer but customer service could be improved.

• Visited July 2013