“Good place to eat and drink”
Review of Larkin's Bar

Larkin's Bar
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great relaxed atmosphere, have been here for dinner and beer festival.both occasions were really enjoyable.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Went here before ours sons graduation ceremony in Hull beginning of July. Food took longer than anticipated but well worth the wait,can highly recommend the Larkin decker, and the Larkin house burger. Will definitely pay a return visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My friends are always telling me about the lovely restaurants they visit on holiday, especially in America. Have you any idea how much flights to these places cost? More than I claim on the dole, that’s how much. So I might as well face the fact that I’ll never get out of Hull. And now as I’m writing this, I’ve just got a text off my lass saying she’s finishing with me, so I doubt I’ll feel like eating again anytime soon.

Anyway, it was Father’s Day on Sunday so we all went out to Larkin’s again for somethink to eat. Just me, my lass Joan who just dumped me and our little angel Samantha who I probably won’t even get to see again now and who’ll grow up being fed lies by that cow and end up thinking I’m a right tallywhacker. Well maybe she should try being me for a day before she makes judgements like that. I do everything for them two. Not any more though. She’s blown it now.

The restaurant’s décor had a nice contemporary feel and we were seated at a nice table by the window. I feel like a right clown for pulling that cow’s chair out for her now. If I could go back in time, I’d smash her over the head with it and nick her purse. I know she’s been getting money off her mam that she doesn’t tell me about. How else can she go to bingo nearly every night and have big plates of takeaway while I’m at work? And I wouldn’t have to claim any dole if I got a proper wage so don’t you be going and reporting me to the DSS. I’m just a good dad trying to do his best and I’m sick of her sitting on her jacksy all day drinking tea and watching telly. The cow.

There was quite a lot of choice on the menu and after a while, I decided to have the slow roasted lamb shank with gravy and seasonal vegetables. That cow spent ages looking at the menu. I bet she was just thinking of how she was going to dump me instead of looking at the food. Anyway, she thought she’d be clever by ordering the most expensive thing on the menu, a mixed grill, but they’d sold out. Good. She ordered fish and chips instead and Samantha had spaghetti. And I know she only ordered fish because she knows I don’t like it so I wouldn’t be able to try any. She wasn’t shy about pinching a bit of my lamb though. I wish she’d choked to death on it now. The cow.

The food was absolutely delicious, as it always is in Larkin’s. The lamb was perfectly cooked to my liking – just a slight pinkness to it and the mash was absolute potato glory. Joan seemed to be enjoying hers too. Sometimes it’s hard to tell because of the smug, constipation-squeezing grin permanently plastered across her fat, acne-scarred face. She kept it down though. We all did. And three days on, not so much as a soft “movement” from any of us. Impressive, Larkin’s.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable visit. The only regret I have is that I was sitting two feet away from that cow with a sharp knife in my hand and I didn’t use it to slit her throat. I’d definitely go back to Larkin’s with different people, especially if I had something special to celebrate like Joan being attacked by thugs, or Joan having her house repossessed or Joan’s dad dying. The cow.

4  Thank Ray P
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Me & my partner visited in May for tea, I had the battered brie for started which was amazing! & my partner had the ribs. then we both opted for the burger's which again was really nice, presented very well too. Service was fine. No real problems, will defiantly be visiting again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Booked here for a birthday do with work, and i cannot complain about the food at all.

We had a table booked for 7.30 which was ready and waiting on us even tho it was busy. we had already ordered as there was a few of us.

Food came out after about 30 mins but it all came at the one time and no one was left waiting. Food was declicious. I am not a foody person and prefer snacks however the burgers and steak & chicken i tried was delicious no one complaint or thought the food was even average, they all said it was great.

The only negative thing i can mark it down for, is at the end of the night we could have left without paying the bill. we asked for it twice and only on the third time did we get it. No one was in a rush to leave but if the party had been larger it could have been an issue.

Will definately go back again.