“Fantastic Food”

Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Booked here for a birthday do with work, and i cannot complain about the food at all.

We had a table booked for 7.30 which was ready and waiting on us even tho it was busy. we had already ordered as there was a few of us.

Food came out after about 30 mins but it all came at the one time and no one was left waiting. Food was declicious. I am not a foody person and prefer snacks however the burgers and steak & chicken i tried was delicious no one complaint or thought the food was even average, they all said it was great.

The only negative thing i can mark it down for, is at the end of the night we could have left without paying the bill. we asked for it twice and only on the third time did we get it. No one was in a rush to leave but if the party had been larger it could have been an issue.

Will definately go back again.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Know this restaurant from tripadvisor.Today My friend and I went there to have dinner,finding it a lovely cosy place.I ordered chilli garlic chicken which is tender with some sweet homemade sauce and coleslaw.In general,the taste is nice but price is knida high.Every main course nearly cots you about 8 or 9 pounds.It depends.But if you like nice food,why not try it? Besides,there are music festivals in the garden which is owned by the restaurant.Thats another amazing thing from the bar.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We ate here for the first time, for my Husbabds birthday tea... We weren't disappointed.

The style and decor of the place is fabulously shabby chic, and a real calming relaxing atmosphere.

The food was great, I had smoked haddock fish cake to start, which was wonderfully flavoured, quality over quantity!!

For my main I had the Steak Salad, which was delicious. Steak was well cooked and tender to eat.

The service was great, the staff were friendly and the atmosphere was brilliant.

Great work. Well done.

Looking forward to my next visit!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a Friday night, it was very busy but we had booked at table for 8pm. when we got there at around 7:45 our table was ready and we were seated straight away after ordering a round of drinks at the bar.

When sat at our table a waitress came over about 10 minutes after to take our order, I ordered the lasagne which was lovely and my partner ordered a burger which he was very impressed with. We also ordered some home cooked chips as a side dish which was very nice but we were both too full to finish them!! The have a large selections of beers and sprits and also have some wines.

The prices were very good! it cost about £35 for 2 meals and 2 rounds of drinks which I didn’t think was bad at all. The atmosphere was very laid back and you wasn’t rushed from your table once you had finished eating. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'm a Yank who has a daughter and grandson from Hull. Last year, we had a gathering of about a dozen family and friends, and we completely enjoyed the food, service, atmosphere, and availability of quality drafts. Last Sunday I sat at the bar with a pint of cider and a crossword puzzle, and waited for my unsuspecting grandson to come in for a meal with his parents and paternal grandparents. Everyone at Larkins made us feel very special. We were in the same room, with the same waiter, as last year. We sampled selections from throughout the sunday menu, and none of us were disappointed. I had the braised steak, it was fork tender and delicious. My daughter shared a meat platter for two, that looked really nice. In America, Sunday afternoon is often the kiss of death in the restaurant business, many places don't even open that day. However, Larkins Pub was packed on this Sunday afternoon, filled with folks who were in good spirit and enjoying good spirits. The wait staff is exceptional, helpful, and fun. I cant wait until my next trip to Hull, because I know a trip to Larkins Pub will be an important part of the visit. Keep up the great work, folks!

1  Thank archiedelver