“nice restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Hull
“nice restaurant”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a Friday night, it was very busy but we had booked at table for 8pm. when we got there at around 7:45 our table was ready and we were seated straight away after ordering a round of drinks at the bar.

When sat at our table a waitress came over about 10 minutes after to take our order, I ordered the lasagne which was lovely and my partner ordered a burger which he was very impressed with. We also ordered some home cooked chips as a side dish which was very nice but we were both too full to finish them!! The have a large selections of beers and sprits and also have some wines.

The prices were very good! it cost about £35 for 2 meals and 2 rounds of drinks which I didn’t think was bad at all. The atmosphere was very laid back and you wasn’t rushed from your table once you had finished eating. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013

Bath, Maine
“Best place for a Sunday surprise...”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I'm a Yank who has a daughter and grandson from Hull. Last year, we had a gathering of about a dozen family and friends, and we completely enjoyed the food, service, atmosphere, and availability of quality drafts. Last Sunday I sat at the bar with a pint of cider and a crossword puzzle, and waited for my unsuspecting grandson to come in for a meal with his parents and paternal grandparents. Everyone at Larkins made us feel very special. We were in the same room, with the same waiter, as last year. We sampled selections from throughout the sunday menu, and none of us were disappointed. I had the braised steak, it was fork tender and delicious. My daughter shared a meat platter for two, that looked really nice. In America, Sunday afternoon is often the kiss of death in the restaurant business, many places don't even open that day. However, Larkins Pub was packed on this Sunday afternoon, filled with folks who were in good spirit and enjoying good spirits. The wait staff is exceptional, helpful, and fun. I cant wait until my next trip to Hull, because I know a trip to Larkins Pub will be an important part of the visit. Keep up the great work, folks!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank archiedelver
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Little bit addicted to this place!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've been to Larkin at least once a week for the last 6 weeks or so... I've gone during the day, for tea and on a weekend - all times, amazing! The food here is absolutely lovely and resonablly priced, the staff are very attentive and friendly which really makes the place. The burgers, platters and the Wold Top meat pie are fabulous! I've already given them a great review a few weeks ago - but felt the need to do it again as I think its such a fab place! Moss who I think is the bar manager is great, his staff always seem happy too... its nice to see the same faces behind the bar when you go in and they remember you, its little things like this that go a long way!

• Visited March 2013
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
“sheer poetry”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I arrivd for Sunday lunch. What awaited me was huge pieces of real meat, freshly cooked veg and plenty of it, stuffing balls the size of your palm, and a tureen of hot, thick meat gravy. All for £6.25 per person

Visited February 2013
hull east yorkshire
“great place to eat”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been a few times and the food is always nice and you get your moneys worth & friendly staff will always recommend it to friends and family

Visited March 2013