“Kids love it”

Seven Seas Fish Trail
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Kids must have done this about 5 times over the last 3 or 4 years!
Every time they go to their aunties they want to go into Hull & do the fish trail.

1  Thank Dean L
All reviews
"the tourist information office"
in 6 reviews
in 7 reviews
"route"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed November 27, 2012

What a very good idea the trail is, I have done all of it previously but this time completed the whole trail. So interesting and takes you to such a variety of streets, really Hull has so much to offer. If yuo get the opportunity to listen to Paul Schofield's talk on the trail do so, a good idea especially for those unable to do the walk.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went with a visiting friend and her son (aged 8). It was very cold down by the Marina! Strangely, the lobster (2nd on the trail??) was the hardest for us to locate! It is a really great way of seeing of old town Hull and having lived here most of my life, we even went down an alley I'd never been down! Plenty of places to stop en route- e.g. pubs and cafe's. Shows old Hull at it's best...Good idea to give the kids a certificate at the end!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I lived in Hull for the first 18 years of my life, and even though I have been away for more than 30 years, the city is still very familiar to me. It is a shame that the vitamin company Seven Seas which sponsors this trail, and is based in Hull, will cese to be as from 2013. However, hopefully it will still be remembered though the trail. The leaflet is available from the Tourist Information Centre in the city centre. I can't remember how much it was, but less than £2. It outlines a route through many interesting areas of the old town, including hidden passageways between some of the oldest pubs. The leaflet gives lots of facts about the city and things to look out for along the way, which you would just walk past otherwise. Personally I love these type of trails and have done many around the world in historic cities. Where this one is a bit different however, is that inset into the pavement along the way are many different types of brass fish - some by themselves, some in groups. It gives an added interest for kids who might have been dragged along, as you can send them scouting a little way ahead for the fish. Possibly you could even do rubbings of some of them if you havd had the presence of mind to bring paper and crayons! The walk took me about three hours, although it is supposed to be half that long. However I think that that is because I like to stop and look at things! I learnt a lot about my home town!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 2, 2012

A local friend and I enjoyed a leisurely wander through the old town of Hull following the Fish Trail. We picked up our map and key at the Tourist Office located across from the Queen Victoria statue and the Maritime Museum. The trail took us through historic sections of the city, which a visitor might have missed without the incentive of the trail. We couldn't resist going into several of the museums and special sites along the trail and enjoyed stops at a couple of the pubs along the way. Many strangers, seeing our puzzlement and searching to spy some of the more difficult displays offered assistance, which made the experience all the more enjoyable. We encountered many children and multi-generational families enjoying the search as well. Our search took us about three and a half hours with stops. Once completed, we returned to the Tourist Office to collect our certificates of achievement. It was a great day for adults and children alike.