“Overall quite good”

Chiquito - Hull - Kingswood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food was nice, although a little over priced. We were there for a birthday which is the only reason we would pay so much for a meal.
The service was ok, but lacked a dedicated waiter(tress), instead a selection of staff members dealt with our requests (all very speedily thank you!)
A little TLC is required inside (exposed staples / nails in our booth) A little dangerous for little fingers.

I know it sounds as though I didn't like it, but I did.... I'm just unable to ignore the little things. All being said, I would return,

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Was reluctant to try here again after it being not memorable , expensive and time exhausting , WOWZAS things have changed , excellent staff , who explained everything , very friendly , Menu was great loads of choice , Food came quickly and freshly was tasty and nice to try new things, it was reasonable and we will definatley return , I'm sorry I didn't sooner .

Reviewed August 10, 2013

As the title of the review says we suffered from very slow service, not the fault of the waitressing staff but seemingly an understaffed kitchen - it was over an hour from ordering before our starter came out, and nearly as long again for the main course to come

Nice to have time to chat over a meal out, but this was excessive!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Excellent mojitos, quesadillas, fajitas and service - an excellent meal for 4. Would definitely recommend. The location is a bit hard to find, but there is another Chiquito in Hull (at the Kingston Retail Park near the city centre) which may be more convenient for those staying in the centre.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My 25 year old son's request, to celebrate his birthday. And we tagged long for our 30+wedding anniversary. It used to be the favourite lunch spot for my children at the end of term for many years, as they had a wonderful buffet. Don't think that had ever been an evening option. We had not been in for a year or so, and what struck us immediately was what appeared to be a significant hike in prices. Son and I had a cocktail each at £6.95 a pop, my husband a pint of draft larger beer for just under £4, when bottled beer was worse value. Our meals were lovely, good plates full of hot food, ranging from £10.99 to mine at £14 + : fajhitas, chimichangas, and churios for pud. I came out £70 lighter in the purse than I went in. I have to say that the restaurant ambience is good, as is the service, which is included in my total spend. I think a group of friends up for fun and jugs of cocktails would enjoy this restaurant rather than a couple looking for a quiet night out. But then, I became irritated by 2 young people/children who were being allowed to make a lot of noise by their query parents - grumpy old woman reporting, and not the fault of the restaurant. A great place in the right mood.