“best in area”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tandoor Mahal

Tandoor Mahal
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best in area”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I have been going regularly to this restaurant for over twenty years and have always found it to be excellent. Over the years I think we have tried every Indian restaurant in the area as well as the usual Italian, Mexican etc. and of course lots of pubs. Take my word for it, this is the best in the area. The staff are always very friendly including the owners sons, the food is consistently spot on and the place is very clean and comfortable. When i think of the starter and main course (try the chicken achar which I can really recommend) plus a drink each for not a lot more than thirty pounds and I think of some of the overcooked swill served at an inflated price which is offered in some places then I cant understand why the place is often empty. Try it you wont be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Peter T

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“best place ever to eat”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

tandoor mahal is the best place to eat ! the chef cooking is great I would recommend all my friends and family to go eat there all time such a good value for money ! service at tandoor mahal is really good so friendly I have been going to this restaurant for many years now I have never been disappointed with the place such a good family business ran by the father and sons !
I will always be going back to eat there!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
Hull
“Would recommend..!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

booked a table here recently as it was my sons birthday, Sunday to Thursday they do a special menu for £10 4 coarses, could not complain the food was not the best i have ever had but was very good.i paid £1.95 extra as i ordered tandoori chicken tika," as this was not on the £10 menu " it came on a sizzler and was very nice.

we were all happy with the service and food and surroundings, and will defiantly be back.

• Visited May 2013
“Very nice”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Value for money, tastes food and great service. Went with family for the week special. For 4 of us the bill came to about £50. Was really nice and tasty and decent portion size. Will deffo go back.

• Visited September 2012
“Not the best...”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We went in on a Friday night 2 weeks ago, we have used this restaurant a few times and I think the chef must have changed because from what we had before to now is day and night!

The food was really dry and seemed like it was in the hotate for so long that the top of the curry is all dried up!

We really used to like this place but I don't think il be back again, sorry.

1 Thank EllieNewlove