“Excellent central hotel”

The Royal Hotel Hull
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent central hotel”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Just had an all inclusive weekend away with my wife at the Mercure Hotel which was excellent value. I had to score it 5 stars, the food in the restaurant both evenings was excellent - not to mention the fab cheeseboard i had both nights which was outstanding. We enjoyed the drinks in a relaxing environment both evenings (17/18th Jan), and were looked after by excellent courteous staff in all areas, reception, bar and restaurant. We got a free upgrade and the room had nice extras such as coffee machine, dressing gowns, slippers etc. The hotel is well located for the centre of Hull and had everything we needed. Will definitely look to come back, thanks for a great weekend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for leaving a lovely review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your all-inclusive stay with us. It does represent an excellent deal and I hope you will be staying with us again in the near future.
Luc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Next to railway station and in centre of town so good location for getting around the city.
Not as grand as it sounds but perfectly adequate for a short visit. Breakfast fine - enough choice. Free wifi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve N
Thank you for leaving a review. I am sorry to read that you found that we lost a little of our grandeur. The hotel team work very hard to meet and exceed our guest expecations and I can assure you, we will work even harder to ensure we exceed our already high standards. I do hope you will return to us in the near future and provide me with your feedback to see if we achieved our aim to exceed your expectations.
regards,
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Attended xmas party there with my friends work, gorgeous venue, sit down meal was perfect, couldn't fault it, so fresh and yummy!!! Entertainment was good - really enjoyed my evening. Staff was attentive. All in all fun night!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read your excellent feedback about our Christmas parties. I hope this will ensure you book with us again for 2014. We are working on the finalisation of our brochure and I look forward to welcome you again.
West Yorkshire
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

This was our 4th visit on the all inclusive deal and we enjoyed it as much as ever. I was going to mention certain members of staff but decided not to as there are so many that are friendly and helpful and I can't name them all! Yes the plumbing needs updating but the location is great (particularly for shopping), the food very good and we love the atmosphere here. I am not going to put a negative comment but would like to make a suggestion that the restaurant menu is revamped and extended. It needs a different vegetarian meal on each night so that vegetarian guests don't have to eat the same meal if staying for more than one night! A variation on the meat and fish choices would also go down well. Having said that, it is still extremely good value for money and we are looking forward to returning. Thank you for a lovely break.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for leaving a kind review. It is always pleasing to read that guests have enjoyed their stay with us. I have passed on your feedback in regards to the vegetarian options. Hopefully you will see a change upon you next visit to us. I look forward to welcome you again in the near future.
regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here for the night early December as we were picking our son up from University. We took the opportunity to attend their Motown Tribute Night, which unfortunately was a great dissapointment. The whole venue were completely packed, due to office parties, and unfortunately as my husband and I had a table by ourselves we were totally forgotten, got our meal after everybody else, which by that time was cold. We didnt get to the dessert, by now it had gone past 10pm, and the tribute hadnt started. We just left and went back to our room. So really a total waste of money. We upgraded to a suite, and really pleased we did, the room was very clean and comfortable, we also booked breakfast, so much to choose from and perfectly cooked, very happy with the breakfast. We have stayed in a few hotels in the Hull area and we would defintely go back to the Mercure.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite you wont be dissapointed!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue H
Thank you for leaving a review. Our Christmas parties tend to be geared towards larger parties and I appriciate that you might have felt lost in a big room with companies etc. I take your feedback on board to ensure we find an appropriate solution for Christmas 2014. I am , however, pleased that you enjoyed your room and I hope that you will return to us in the near future.