The Royal Hotel Hull
$72
  • Breakfast included
Village Hotel Club Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
$32
Holiday Inn Hull Marina(Kingston-upon-Hull)
$81
  • Pool
Ibis Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
$36
  • Restaurant
Doubletree by Hilton Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)
$73
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Hull North Hotel(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
$65
Travelodge Hull Central(Kingston-upon-Hull)
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
1,432 results
All reviewstrain stationall inclusive dealqueen victoriacoach tripevening mealnational holidaysfree parkingbuffet breakfastcity centrebar areathird floortea and coffeesaturday nightweekend breaktwin roomstayed here for one nightexcellent value for money
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with our recent overnight stay here. Check in was easy & the parking is free.
Our room was on floor 3 & spotlessly clean. The bed was comfy with plently of pillows. There were complimentary toiletries & a bath with shower. Tea&coffee making but no biccies & a modern tv with plenty of channels. The only minor thing that let it down was the window didnt close all the way & the pane was cracked in the corner. However this was no problem as the room was nice & warm and the thick curtain kept any draft back. The hotel is in a good central location for the city and is attatched to the train station but we never heard any trains & it caused us no problem at all.
Breakfast was delicious with a good choice on offer however there was only scrambled eggs so maybe this could be improved.
The breakfast room was really nice & overlooked the station platform which was fun for people watching!
The hotel bar looked nice but we never used it & actually thought the food menu looked a bit pricey.
The staff were friendly & plentiful which is always good!
At £47.20 for bed&breakfast with free parking we thought it was an absolute bargain.
We will definately return here again & would recommend to anybody.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsPlough
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. We have replaced the window and I apologise for the oversight of my maintenance team. I look forward to welcome you to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Having visited this hotel in May really enjoyed it. So thought we would go back as my son and his wife were here for a two week visit the weather was so bad we went back to mercure as it is very central with lots of shops and pubs.the food was excellent as we're the staff. The rooms are spotlessly clean and we all had a great time.cant really go wrong when offers are on £93 pounds for 2 nights breakfast lunch and evening meal plus free bar 7 while 11 on both evenings. Great value for money

Room Tip: All rooms look good to me .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will be returning to us soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here last weekend with national holidays, hotel clean and tidy and loved the bar area and the side door to hotel led straight into the train station. Room was clean and bed was comfy. I have read some comments regarding noise from train station. I heard nothing until i opened my window and heard 1 noise just before 12 at night. This did not bother me and i kept window open. You would only be able to here any noise if your window is open. But then everything was quite. Food was ok but could of been better. Dinner was not organised and staff did not know if they were coming or going bless them. Not great choice on menu and my husband was vegetarian and there was only 1 thing on main course for him. Breakfast was not all that good and not very warm. However this wont put me of coming back as there is plenty of weatherspoons on the doorstep to eat at. Had really nice stay and staff were friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I have spoken with the kitchen and restaurant team in regards to your comments about dinner and breakfast. This is not typical to our hotel and I hope that I am able to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Visited the Hotel on a company presentation evening.
The hotel itself is very promising but could be a lot better. The reception staff were polite and helpful though bar prices were 5 star (£7 for one tea and one coffee). There are lots of bars nearby though and the Hotel is well situated.
Our room was small with an old fashioned sash window which didnt close properly so may be a problem in winter. The toilet was awful and didn't flush properly, eventually breaking altogether. The shower was also awful and impossible to turn on without getting wet through. Overall the bathroom was dated.
We had a company presentation evening and this is however where the Hotel was extremely poor. The food was below average and the chicken far from fresh.
Our company had put a free bar on until 11pm which I used sensibly and did'nt abuse......however after waiting at the bar from 10:40pm to be served I was told by the bar staff that it was now now 11pm and I would have to pay. Ok I thought so went to get some money only to discover that it was still only 10:55pm. When I went back to the bar and questioned this the bar staff became extremely rude and suggested I go and tell management! Needless to say I didn't, they can keep their drinks and I will use review forums to inform my dissapointment.
This hotel could be first class by paying more attention to detail however I have to say that I will not visit the place again and especially don't expect bar staff to be as rude as theirs were.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for leaving a review.
I am sorry to read about your experience during your visit. I appriciate your comments in regards to the rooms and bath room, the hotel works hard to maintain and improve the bedroom product. We are looking to replace the toilet cisterns and bathroom taps. The feedback the hotel recieved from the event organiser was very positive, I am sorry to hear that you are of a different opinion. I can only apologise for the behaviour of the bar staff and I will personally speak with the bar staff on duty. Such kind of behaviour is unacceptable. I would like to thank you for brining these matters to my attention. If there is anything you would like to discuss in person, feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here overnight with National Holidays. This was a family outing. Like a lot of hotels you can pick out the faults but these do not distract from the quality of this hotel. While the rear entrance leads out onto the rail/bus station this was not a problem at all. Bedroom was very nice with a trouser press in the wardrobe & a hairdryer on hand if required. Bed was also comfortable. However, on a personal note the dinner menu I felt was poor & not a lot of choice. On saying that the menu can be tweaked to hopefully suit. Other family members did enjoy the meal including one member who was a vegetarian. Breakfast for me was not too good either. Still none of this has put me off returning to this hotel again & I would recommend it. Being in the city centre it is close to plenty of shops,

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for leaving a review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overal stay with us. I have taken note of the comments made in regards to dinner and breakfast. I have addressed this with the teams involved. Thank you for brining this to my attention and I look forward to welcome you again in the near future.