“excellent hotel and staff”

The Royal Hotel Hull
Truro, United Kingdom
“excellent hotel and staff”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a premier room which was excellent except for the antiquated shower which flooded the floor.
The location was fantastic. We were able to walk to the shops and the marina area and museums.
The staff were all polite and very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank james g
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I have taken up you point about the shower floor and my maintenance team will have a look at resolving this. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.
Luc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Booked this because it was a Mercure as I thought quality went with the brand and I was extremely disappointed. I paid for a prestige room and was very glad I wasn't in a standard one! The basin had had a chunk broken out of it and was stuck back together. The whole room was tired, the bar was closed while hotel guests were still sitting there and the kitchen had run out of some of the ingredients, even though the restaurant was nearly empty. The final straw was that when morning coffee tasted so weak, we checked the cafetiere and instant coffee had been used as there were no coffee grounds! Will definitely stay somewhere else next time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your review. I am dissapointed to read that your stay didn't match your expectations. I have spoken with the restaurant team in regards to the coffee during breakfast. I agree that this is unacceptable. I have emailed you directly in order to speak to you in person and I hope I am able to do so in the near future. I did personally check the room you stayed in and I am unable to detect the chuck broken out of the sink. I hope that you can clarify this for me when we speak. Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback.
Luc

Travelers are raving about these Kingston-upon-Hull hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

went on week end holiday spent the night at the royal had agreat night there staff realy helpfull only down fall was had to waite a hour to get served for eving meal and veg was hard and not peeled but meatwas nice and breakfast couldnt fault that was realy nice room was graite nice and clean

Room Tip: had room 244 single it was nice and quite no view but nice and clean
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank karen d
Thank you for your kind review, I appriciate your comments about the staff. My apologies for the waiting time during dinner. I have passed this and you comment about the vegetables to the kitchen team. I look forward to welcome you again in the near future.
London
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is in need of serious updating. Rooms are very small and scruffy. I had a "superior room" so goodness knows how pokey and run down the others are. Had to move room and no-one offered to carry my luggage or help at all. Food very overpriced and not great. It's a great location but that's about it. Will stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door next time.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for leaving a review. I value your comments, as only, through constructive comments, we are able to assess and correct our quality and service. The hotel was build in 1851 and the rooms are indeed available in various shapes and sizes. I apologies for the fact that during your room move, nobody offered to assist you. I have addressed that with the duty managers team. I hope that you will allow us to serve you again in the near future, and I would kindly ask you to contact me directly, in order for me personally to look after you arrangements.
I look forward to hear from you.
newcastle upon tyne UK
Reviewed May 14, 2013

we were a couple of elderly ladies on a bus trip from Newcastle and staying overnight in this hotel, what can i say, from the minute we got there we were overawed by this hotels opulent furnishings, from the lovely wood paneling and fixtures in the main reception area, room was nicely furnished with everything you'd need and a bonus was you could look out on to the platforms and see the trains coming and going, food was absolutely lovely and well presented with a huge buffet breakfast the next morning, if your looking for a stay in Hull you couldn't stay at a more convenient location with the city spread all around you, for the money we paid to the bus company and it wasn't fortunes we think we had hit the jackpot with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for leaving a kind review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay from start to finish. The team works hard to deliver excellent customer service, and I am pleased that the hotel has impressed you. I have passed on your comments to my team. I hope I am able to welcome you again soon.
regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Overall it was a great stay, the staff were very polite and we would definitely stay there again, the price was fair, although its more for a couples night rather than a family in my opinion as some guest didn't seem to like the fact our children were a little over excited, will be going to stay there again on our own for our anniversery x

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for leaving a review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Children are more than welcome in our hotel and I appricaite (having children myself) that some people will not understand that a 'new' environment has an impact on their overall behaviour. (not in a negative way) Please don't let that deter you from returning with the family.
I hope that you will return soon and I look forward to welcome you then.
Felbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Central hotel next to train station. Parking available free of charge in front of hotel. Upgraded to suite which was roomy, clean and modern. Restaurant salmon good, service good but slightly let down with old hard bread roll which they changed immediately. Good breakfast. Service good.
Free wifi in room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing my hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed on your comments to the Chef and the rest of the team. I hope that you will stay with us again soon.