The hotel was easy to find and the parking around the side of the hotel near the train station was reasonably easy to locate and access.
The main hotel was accessed at the front on the main road along with further parking spaces. The main reception was located in large lobby area complete with some original ornate features and a café/restaurant area. Although the staff members on reception were welcoming, their manner felt quite automated and impersonal.
We used the lift in the lobby area to access our room via corridors located on the first floor of the building. The hallways were pleasantly decorated and had the feel of an old town hall type building.
The room door entry system was pretty old fashioned but worked quite well if you pushed hard on it. The room had high ceilings and appeared on the surface fairly pleasant. However, on closer inspection, there were a few faults that could have been easily rectified and would have improved the room's appearance.
The bathroom, although clean was poorly maintained with several holes in the tiles where there was some signs of general wear and tear.
The bedroom could have done with a good inspection from the head housekeeper, as the cleaning was well below par! There were stains along the wall, dust along some of the fixtures and generally poor attention to detail.
During our stay we had to ring the doorbell at the main entrance late at night and the night time duty staff were quick to answer and very polite.
Apart from the poor quality of housekeeping in the room, the décor and the room itself wasn’t too bad. The layout of the room we stayed in was quite strange, with one side of the bed butting up against the window and radiator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hull Royal Hotel is ideally located in the City Centre, adjacent to the Railway Station. The Hotel is next to the St Stephens Shopping complex and the Hull Truck Theatre. Close to Hull's historic Old Town Centre and The Deep Aquarium, everything is just a few minutes walk away. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Hotel Hull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Kingston Upon Hull
- Quality Hotel Kingston Upon Hull