“Wow! A great little Italian!”
Review of Operetta

Operetta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Wow! A great little Italian!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Hidden away down Bond Street but what a little gem. 6 of us had a pre Hull New Theatre meal and could not fault anything - welcome, Service, menus, food and ambience - all just great. We enjoyed the free bruschetta as we waited for our mains. Pizza, lasagne and stuffed pancake all went down a treat. Very nice and cannot recommend this lovely Italian enough. Well done Operetta!

Visited March 2014

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
“Small Family owned and tasty”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

From when i first entered it was brilliant! the staff and manager couldn't do enough and went there on a birthday where they all sang happy birthday you don't get this from every place

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Scoumon
York, United Kingdom
“I Finally Found Food Heaven”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have been looking for a place like this for ever,the staff are fantastic especially the owner, he is an amazing Italian he cooks everything to perfection, comes out and chats to the customers, most of who are regulars. I had Bruscetta, which is a simple dish but his is the most amazingly tasty dish I have ever eaten, fish soup was outstanding and the pasta is so good I did not want the meal to end. Then the strangest thing happened, four people came in, obviously regulars as the owner came out of the kitchen and handshakes and hugs were exchanged, then food began to appear, curiosity got the better of me as they had not looked at a menu I asked the waiter if it was possible to pre order. He informed me that this group of people never order they just eat whatever he decides to make them, they leave it up to him, I wanna be a part of that, so when the owner eventually came out I asked him and he said sure, I cannot wait to go back, what an experience.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Alan R
HUll
“Brilliant authentic Italian food.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few time, the food is fantastic and generous portions. It was nice to find out the owner/chef is Italian this really comes across in the food. Best Italian food in Hull.

Visited July 2013
Hindley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice suprise”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This restaurant used to be great when my parents took me a couple of times a month when I was young, my last couple of visits were disappointing (a couple of years ago). Last night on visiting my parents with my wife, my mum suggested going to the Operetta, what a pleasant suprise. Back to what I remember good atmosphere, nice warm welcome, excellent food and well priced (excepted the fillet steaks), I will deffinitely be going again soon.

• Visited July 2013