TripAdvisor

“Poor customer service”
Review of Jacques

Jacques
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went here last week for the first time, shall I just say it will be the last,I went with my daughter for a sandwich and coffee, sat at a table, it was very quiet, a group of ladies were eating at the next table and there were a couple sat at the front, we choose what we wanted and sat about 5 mins at the table so I went to the counter were I presume it was the owner, turned and told me that he would be with me in a moment as it was table service, waited another 5 minutes while he potted around , he then picked up a pad and pen and was just coming around the counter when the ladies from the next table got up and he promply put down the pad and pen and asked if they were ready to pay, he then asked what they had as he said he had,nt taken their order, all in all this took several minutes, he then continued to talk to them , which is nice of him but very rude to us, he then went into the back and spoke to a member , sorry to say we got up to leave, lost 2 customers won,t be back

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed September 1, 2019

We visited for breakfast on a Sunday morning with our daughter and 4 year old granddaughter. My daughter has been before a few times since moving just around the corner and recommended it.

We sat in the deli part of the shop/restaurant as it was light and airy and had a large table to accommodate us. Our granddaughter was fascinated by the cakes and HUGE block of cheese in the chiller cabinet.

My husband had the full English breakfast with black pudding and the rest of us had a sausage sandwich with/without different sauces and also tea, coffees and a fruit shoot.

All were well presented, tasty and reasonably priced. The total bill was about £20. The staff were all friendly. We will definitely return, possibly for Sunday Lunch next time with the rest of the family.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed July 23, 2019 via mobile

What a friendly happy place.
Clean, cool and already said friendly.
The food was also amazing I had the crispy bacon and cheese sandwich and it really was something special - very tasty, as were the wedges

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 7, 2019

Had a lovely brunch here and really enjoyed it- have been before as they do lovely sandwiches with plenty of filling

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

Really good experience. Excellent quality food. Very pleasant attentive staff. Definitely going again.

Date of visit: May 2019