“Small beds”

Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel
“Small beds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one Sunday night, wasn't cheap £79, not worth it. The food was satisfactory, restaurant/bar area was smart with nice views. The biggest dissapointment was the small beds, I was under ther impression that all Premier Inns had huge(6ft) beds, not the case with this hotel. Not the best for the price.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn and I was a bit apprehensive about the trip. I needn't have been. The room was very pleasant. Clean and more spacious than I've found at some other budget hotels. The staff were very pleasant. The location was within walking distance of the city centre and there was on site free parking. The breakfast was nice and included mushrooms (my favourite) and the option of decaffeinated tea. My only concern now is the spell checker on this site which, although a .co.uk address, insists that my spelling of "centre" and "favourite" are incorrect. I'm not a yank, you know!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found this hotel very comfortable with great staff and food. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.. I found the hotel rooms to be quite even if on a main road. I suppose the only issue I have, but please do not be put off, is that if you take the meal option the healthier choice on the menu are not available. I will definitely book this hotel on my next trip to Hull.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

What a difference ! Having driven through rain, winds and snow it was great to be met by a beaming smile and a great welcome from the girl in reception. Room on the eleventh floor , a little noise from the dual carraigeway below , but did not disturb my sleep . There is little I could find within walking distance so I chose to eat in the restaurant. Happy , attentive restaurant staff .. food average (Prawn cocktail and a sirloin steak) but acceptable and a good House red wine. Slept extremely well in a very comfortable bed .... only gripe no shaver sockets anywhere in the room so the electric toothbrush lacked charge !!
The staff make this hotel and who ever motivates them should be congratulated !

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms away from road noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike K
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We booked last minute for New year's eve and expected to pay the earth. Didn't object to £78 for the 2 of us including full english breakfast. Have paid a lot less to stay at premier but it was well worth it. All the staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. Rooms and bar/ restaurent area where all spotlessly clean and comfortable. Lovely view of the river while sat eating breakfast. Will definately stay at this hotel again. Only one issue which was a bit puzzling to us and several other travellers. The car park has several floors but only first 2 were open which resulted in a few of us abandoning cars to go check in and see if more of the car park could be opened, which it wasnt!! Maybe it was just that night! Certainly didnt spoil the stay though. Lovely helpful night porter too.

Room Tip: our room was on 9th floor looking out over marina and river. lovely and very little noise from busy...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
buckinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for three nights at the premier inn in Hull city centre. We booked in mainly based on the bargain price compared to all other local accommodation. I was not disappointed at all. Hotel was spotless,staff were diligent. The staff when asked for anything would respond politely and enthusiastically. The rooms were really clean and there was nothing missing at all. Maybe some bubble bath would be nice. My only comment on the rooms is the horrible bright white energy saving lighting, a softer warm white light would make such a difference. But that is a minor thing.
The lifts as other reviewers have stated are a bit of a pain, I waited many times and they did stink of stale cigarettes smoke more often than not. Can't see why the hotel was designed this way.
Had dinner and breakfast all three days, really good food especially given the bargain price. I believe if you book your food before getting there it is cheaper, I would do this again next time, especially as there are very few restaurants if any nearby
Could do with a fitness centre, but then it is cheap enough to suggest they do not need to offer this facility. However if they did have this or a pool it would be a clear 5 out of 5
Definitely will stay at premier in again, I hope they all are as good as this.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Grimsby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We will definitely return to this hotel! We got a great New Year bargain of £18 per night too. The staff were first class, Ian who checked us in was second to none, he was professional, friendly and helpful and very informative about what the hotel offered as well. Hubby wasn't too well some of the time and Ian could not do enough for us! All the staff though from cleaners to reception, bar and restaurant were all extremely good at their jobs and made me want to return before too long. If I have one small gripe it is that the room was too warm through the night, however I never asked for help with this which I should have done or at least requested a fan. The restaurant staff were very helpful about us taking our meal up to our room and provided trays and everything else we needed. At £12.50 for two tasty and plentiful courses we thought it a bargain, it was possible to have three course for a bit more and a 3 course dinner and drink and breakfast for an excellent £22.99! Or you could simply pick one course from the full and comprehensive menu. The rooms as expected are quite spacious and comfortable none of it, as would be expected, is of a luxury standard but it is bright, clean and cheerful with all the facilities you might need. There are nice views, we were on floor 8 and overlooked the south bank of the Humber but my daughter stayed on floor 12 with brilliant views of the Humber Bridge so I know what we'll be requesting next time. There is also a convenient foot bridge which takes you into the lovely old town area - so all in all I would definitely recommend a stay here! Oh and it's only £3.50 if you prefer to take a taxi into town!!

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank deedeeGrimsby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston-upon-Hull
Kingston Theatre Hotel
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
#4 of 18 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Holiday Inn  Express Hull City Centre
Holiday Inn Express Hull City C...
#9 of 18 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Lazaat
Lazaat
#1 of 1 in Cottingham

Been to Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!