“Very slow service and only average food”
Review of Barinda - CLOSED

Barinda
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Barinda restaurant, an award winning Curry Life Chef of the Year for 2011/12. Barinda is a family run business with an exciting range of delicious traditional indian cuisine. We also offer a Takeaway service. Visit our website and call us for a takeaway or a reservation.We look forward to welcoming you to Barinda soon.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Arrived at 6.50pm and didn't get our main course until 8.40pm. Food was overcooked and average. Staff tried hard but the kitchen was very slow.

Would not recommend.

1  Thank Cleo L

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went on a Thursday night as 2 couples. The restaurant is well set out and tables not too close - although there were only 4 tables used the night we went.

The ordering process was efficient and soon we received a plate of popadoms and pickles. These were fine and there was a good selection of 5 different pickles/dips.

The starters took some time to arrive and were fairly average - my tandoori chicken wings were cooked but only just and as a result the meat didn't come off the bone as easily as it should. They weren't particularly spicy.

We seemed to wait a long time for the main courses - as I said there were only 3 other tables occupied so should have been able to cope. 2 of us had the chicken naga (which we were warned would be hot - which it wasn't). It was mainly a thick source with very little chicken in it and no sign of the naga chillis which the dish is named after. The naan break was good to be fair. My partner had a mild dish with cashew nuts and honey. It was faintly obvious that it was incorrect as she didn't find any nuts in it and it tasted almost as hot as my naga ie far from being mild.

When we wanted to ask for the bill all he staff disappeared bad we waited at least 15 minutes before we saw anyone.

So although it was reasonably good value it was too average for us to go back again - there are far better Indian restaurants in Hull.

1  Thank Neale1810
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Food very good and staff friendly and helpful went on a group on deal no problem .....just waited a while to actually place our food order after we sat down ....but apart from that no complaints

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We went here as a family meal for my cousins 18th birthday. The food was absolutely amazing and overall possibly the best indian I have eaten at. Everyting was fresh tasting and very flavourful. The whole family enjoyed it and I didnt hear anyone complain. The staff were friendly, maybe a bit slow in offering and getting drinks but overall very good. The restaurant itself is of a very good standard, nicely set out, nice lighting and very co-ordinated. I had a lovely evening and most importantly lovely food. I willl be going back without a doubt.

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I agree with a lot of these comments.. The food is excellent... The service is good...the place is clean and has a good atmosphere...they aren't to clued up on the groupon thing though and wouldn't accept a mobile barcode...changed the deal mid meal...avoid it on a groupon but do go and get a meal deal card off the owner. We will go again soon

1  Thank hullmale