Review Highlights
An amazing place

Spent a fabulous morning, meeting Giles, Maya, Willow, the other cats and team yesterday. An... read more

Reviewed yesterday
ally306
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
via mobile
Our recent stay on one of the lodges

We booked to stay overnight in one of the Lodges. It was a package that included afternoon tea... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Cosybears
Maidstone, United Kingdom

All reviews open days hand feed photography workshop love big cats cat lovers beautiful cats afternoon tea general public amazing experience overnight stay snow leopard camera settings once in a lifetime lions roaring chicken leg evening meal lion enclosure
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have not been here for four and half years, as we live the other side of the country.

We love what they do with conservation, and we love the Big Cats, having 6 mini ones of our own.

The Weather was gorgeous, we loved seeing all of the Cats including Willow, Maya and the Snow Leopard cubs were so cute.

All the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, we enjoyed the talk at Maya's enclosure, and the Snow Leopard cubs. The lady Volunteer in the Art exhibition was very helpful to. We bought a T Shirt in the shop that had a good choice of items to buy. The Bird display was very good, one of the best we have seen.

My husband manged to book the mini photography experience, which he really enjoyed.

Cant wait to return, this is a very special place.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had the good fortune, thanks to a gift from my family, to visit The Big Cat Experience Sanctuary for a Big Cat Encounter. The young ladies, who were my guides were extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. All the staff were very happy to share their knowledge. The highlight of the day for me was when I was given the opportunity to hand feed a Cheetah and a Tiger. I still find it difficult to believe how gentle the Cheetah was. A wonderful memory that will stay with me forever. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have really enjoyed my day I’ve seen tigers ,lions ,pumas,cheetahs,Jaguars, and many more .It was an excellent experience I would recommend this to all ages the only problem was the queues to the gift shops and food .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was an amazing trip.My wife and I took the tour with option of feeding two cats each.I went for the Tiger and Jaguar and my wife the Jaguar and Leopard.Holly was our tour host and was so knowledgable and so caring about the animals and thei history and how they are looked after here.

There are around 32 acres here and lovely surroundings and the "cages" look clean,tidy and whilst smallish they seem OK.But the cats themselves look amazingly healthy and well looked after.
This is a truly great place to spend some hours with these incredible animals.

1  Thank Bryang1487
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a treat!!! BCS is a wonderful place, beautiful gardens, lovely staff who are not only very nice but incredibly passionate and knowledgeable, and AMAZING cats. Ok, so a lodge stay is not a cheap or even a mildly priced weekend but when you see what you get it is worth every single penny. Would I do it again - you bet!

We arrived mid-afternoon, settled into Cheetah lodge, it was beautiful inside and huge for 2 people with everything you could need, then we went for afternoon tea in the conservatory of Heritage Lodge where we saw Kafara and Tiny (African Lions) snoozing in the sun. Following a delicious afternoon tea we had our first 2 hour tour (with Jamie, Gemma & Holly) where we got up close and personal with many varieties of cat, including inside the enclosure with the Serval, Dua, having her dinner. Following this we had time to refresh and then back to the conservatory for a wonderful 3-course dinner, again with Karara and Tiny who this time were much more awake and vocal!, they really are so close your feel you could touch them. Dinner was delicious, the chef is clearly very talented, all the staff were lovely with all the time for us.

After a wonderful nights sleep, bed was very comfy and the sound of the lions roar was strangely relaxing to fall asleep to, we were back to Heritage Lodge for another yummy meal where the chef was kind enough to add spinach to my breakfast which wasn't on the menu but is a favourite of mine. We then went back out with Jamie for our second tour to see the rest of the cats and to hand feed a big cat of our choice. You were allowed one feed each or you could donate your feed to another guest, as it was my birthday my husband donated his to me (sensible man) so I got to feed Nias, a Sumartran tiger and Neron, a black Jaguar. Amazing experience - such gentle giants.

After the tour we had another couple of hours to wander freely before leaving site. All is all this was a wonderful weekend and I cannot fault any element - I feel both privileged and spoilt.

So the elephant in the room - the cost - yes it is a lot of money BUT this includes two practically private full tours (max of 8 people) where you really do get close to the cats with no rush at all, a hand feed of a big cat (that was worth it on it's own), three full (delicious!) meals, overnight stay with all facilities in a lovely lodge where you really could spend many days. YES it really is worth every penny, especially when you see the amazing work these people are doing with the cats here but almost more importantly for conservation globally. I will now be selecting my cat to adopt and will join as a regular member too, so I will be back for future visits.