“Delightful little gem”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful little gem”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Ate here last night on zoopla discount, but would have been very happy to pay dull price and myself and 3 guests will definately return. Pub has been beautifully revamped, good service and very good food at reasonable prices. Would definately recommend!

Kent
“Lovely place”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My Husband and I ate last Friday night with a Travelzoo voucher which turned out to be great value! We arrived at the pub and were greeted with a warm welcome. We sat at the bar for a while as we were slightly early, then called round for our table.

The pub itself has lots of charm and we really liked the fact there was no restaurant as such so you were still included in the atmosphere.

We had a choice of anything from the menu so we chose an Asian share to start - which was lovely and small enough not to take up too much room for our main. My Husband chose the burger, which I had a bite of and was great. I chose the lamb shank which was devine. The meat fell off the bone and the jus was very complimetary to the vegetables. I couldn't fit much in for pudding so I chose the ice-cream. I am glad I did as it was so tasty. My Husband had the banoffee pie and he said that was very light and full of flavour.

We would definitely go back, unfortunately it is not the shortest drive for us so probably not as often as we would like!

There were only 2 points that stopped this from being a perfect evening. Firstly, there was a man playing guitar which was great when we arrived. However as the evening went on and more people arrived he got louder which made it hard to talk (we were sat by the bar where he was playing) A group of older diners actually asked to be moved. What started as a romantic, calm atmosphere ended up as a night at a local gig!!!

Secondly, the service was great but we had to wait about 20 minutes between being seated and asked for our order. I think we may have been forgotten. Like I say, there was nothing wring with the service itself, just a bit slow.

Nothing to put me off making a return visit. Well worth a try.

• Visited March 2013
KENT
“Mmmmmm delicious”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Booked this after getting a deal on Travel zoo and what can I say it was amazing.The food was delicious!The menus was really great just the right amount of choice.The portion size was perfect and the restauarnt has a reall nice ambience.
The staff were really welcoming and used my first name which I found really nice! My husband said the steak was superb and believe me when it comes to steak he knows his stuff.
I had the duck and the passion fruit went lovely alongside it!
Overall great experience wish it was closer I will definately return....

• Visited February 2013
Cranbrook, United Kingdom
“A Superb Evening Food and Service was Excellent”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We booked a table for 4 for Friday evening 1st of March. We were given a warm welcome the staff were on hand at all times, we never had to wait to be looked after. The food was delicious...faultless. We had starters, main course and puddings. There was plenty of great dishes to chose from so the only problem was which one! We all had something different and all the dishes were prepaired, cooked and served without fault.
Only one thing for it then we will have to go back and see if it's that good all of the time! :-)

A Great Pub good atmosphere, excellent beer and wines.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank TootsnLotty
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, service and ambience”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We visited this restaurant after a recent Groupon purchase. We were so impressed by all elements of this restaurant. On arrival we were greeted warmly (be careful anyone over 5ft7inches the beams are low but gorgeous). We were seated quickly with our set Groupon menu and sparkling wine. My ONLY complaint about the whole evening is that we were seated by the toilet even though the restaurant was only 25% occupied and could have been seated anywhere else away from the toilet.

We ordered Beef carpaccio and Greek koftas to start which were presented well and the flavours were excellent. For main we had Beef bourguignon and Lamb shank, which were wholesome, hearty, flavoursome, and great sized portions. We also induldged in a pudding, the apple and rhubarb crumble, which was delicious as well.The food really couldnt be faulted and was EXCELLENT value for money.

The service was fast, efficient and professional and we can highly recommend this restaurant. We had a look at the 'normal' menu, and based on that we will definitely be returning.

• Visited February 2013