“Smashing takeaway”
Review of Kirthon

Kirthon
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Smashing takeaway”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Beautifully cooked and presented Indian food - I grew up in and the lived in London for most of my life and when I came to TW I feared we would have second-rate ethnic restaurants. Kirthon is equal to anything you'd find in Southall or Green Lanes - I can't say better. The only useful thing I can add is to recommend the shredded chicken in coriander starter, it's called Pakaday - SOOOO nice.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank denis2110

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Early Mother's day meal on a Saturday night”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We decided to return again to the Kirthon for an early mother's day dinner because eldest daughter home from university for weekend. As usual the service and food were brilliant and busy and buzzing on a Saturday night. The tables are close together but we had not gone for a romantic meal. Free drink at the end of meal always a bonus and the pile of mints presented to our youngest was sweet. Good value for four with drinks. Look forward to going back again soon.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank MrsK1964
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“A very poor meal”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us and was very busy so someone must like it. We ordered a sheek kebab and crunchy lamb chops as starters. Both were dry and flavourless. My main course of Goan Fish Curry was bland and unappetising. The lemon rice had been cooked some time previously and the sag was dry and inedible. In fairness my wife had a chicken dish which she liked. Also when we complained the cost of the items were deducted from the bill. Perhaps we were unlikely but we both thought it was the worst Indian meal we had eaten .

Visited December 2012
1 Thank robert_hsj
Kent
“Very good food, rowdy Saturday night”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The important part first: the food was very good. The chutneys were very good, onion salad ok and the mains very good. What didn't I like? Well, the decor had all the charm of a service station. A large screen TV playing Indian music videos was distracting (I wouldn't have wanted to be the couple sat underneath it), my menu had poppadums stuck to the first page and the tables were mock granite formica. They had obviously blown the budget on the water feature in the entrance downstairs and the TV. Enough about the decor BUT it did distract from the food. Would I go again, sure, if invited...

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank 731JJV
Tunbridge Wells
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

After reading a few reviews on here was a wee bit apprehensive about our visit. Prebooked and the table was ready bang on time. Staff were attentive. Good menu and I tried something that I have never tasted before the Banjarra Tikka. Portions were a good size and the bill with starters, main and drinks was £80 for 4, so really good value.

Tables are a wee bit close together for my liking, try and reserve a table in one of the corners

• Visited November 2012