“Excellent all round! Sunday 3course dinner”

The Barn Pub and Grill Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Gastropub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A character pub restaurant centrally located with free parking adjacent in the evening and weekends. Privately owned and operated since 1992.In addition to the excellent food and drink at great value prices, we are proud of our very friendly staff, which combined with the ‘barn’ character setting and decor makes us a special place for a meal in our lovely air conditioned Grill restaurant, or a drink and snack in our air conditioned bar and conservatory.Enjoy a drink or snack in our delightful garden, sunny during the day, heated for those cooler days and beautifully illuminated by night.Our philosophy is "to serve freshly prepared food, using high quality raw materials at unbeatable prices."The restaurant menu has evolved over recent years, taking account of fashion changes and is based on grills and Mediterranean specialities. We have a great reputation for steaks, using only prime 28 day matured British beef.We cater for weddings and have a civil ceremony licence, and private parties.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We visited this restaurant for the first time and we were extremely impressed. No complaints at all. Clean tidy restaurant, food lovely and the best thing of all were the staff. My mum and I spent around 3 hours enjoying our three courses followed by coffee and mints and were not rushed at all. The male and female members of staff were very friendly and extremely efficient and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would not hesitate in recommending this restaurant to anyone, and would definitely return if in the area again. Thank you once again to the kind and welcoming staff today.

1  Thank Suzanne09876
PatronHandR, General Manager at The Barn Pub and Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Our whole team will really appreciate this lovely review, thank you so much.

I was delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed your first visit to us and look forward to you visiting us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Having organised a Christmas party at the Barn, the Barn very kindly gave me a £40-off voucher to use on its a la carte menu. The dinner and service were excellent. A complimentary sample of breads to start was a nice touch, and then the pate, burger and toffee apple crumble that followed were excellent. We will keep coming back to this lovely pub.

1  Thank Laurac2010
PatronHandR, General Manager at The Barn Pub and Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Organising and arranging a Christmas party for colleagues or friends, can, I imagine be very time consuming and our voucher for party organisers is our way of saying ‘thank you’!

Thank you for writing such a lovely review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

After first using the old Elizabethan Ban 41 years ago, the location and quality of this has improved over the years to this excellent quality we had today. This is the second year that we have used the location to celebrate our anniversary and a shared birthday with dear friends.
Food choice is great and excellent value for a high quality three course meal.
The staff are excellent, friendly and provide a friendly service in a high quality manor.
Would recommend.

Have also used previously as an excellent venue after a pleasant event at the assembly hall for either drinks or a meal.

1  Thank Maxine M

Having been Manager here for a mere 21 years, in comparison to you I am a relatively newcomer to The Barn! I imagine there have been quite a few changes over the past 41 years and I am pleased to read they are for the better!

Our pre theatre menu has proved to be very popular with visitors to the Assembly Halls Theatre, with many visiting us after the show too.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next shared anniversary and birthday!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I came to The Barn for a meal for the first time today, having visited the bar on previous occasions numerous times. I order the calamari to start, followed by chicken fajitas and a chocolate brownie for desert (quite a large lunch I know!).

I found the calamari both perfectly crispy and the squid spot on, the accompanying sauce added extra flavorful that really finished the dish off.

My main course, chicken fajitas, is one of my favourite dishes. The flavor of the chicken and vegetables was lovely and the portion was very reasonable.

My favourite part of the meal however was desert, the chocolate brownie was absolutely superb. I'm a real lover of chocolate and this warm chocolate brownie and ice cream really hit the mark. I think I would of ordered another helping if I wasn't mid way through a 90 day fitness program!

All in all my meal was lovely and before I forget to mention, the service was timely and very pleasant. I shall certainly be coming back to The Barn soon.

1  Thank Josh H
PatronHandR, General Manager at The Barn Pub and Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Ah our Chocolate Brownie! A very popular dessert with our guests. Good luck with the fitness program!

Thank you for such a nice review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited The Barn a couple of weeks ago for a meal, and we weren't disappointed. I had a prawn salad starter which was huge, and had lovely flavours. My boyfriend had the moules which he loved. For main course we both had steak and they were cooked to perfection, with a wonderful white wine sauce. I had the Baileys cheesecake for dessert and he had the apple, toffee and pecan crumble, which although didn't look like a typical crumble, was delicious too. We had a really nice bottle of Lebanese (unusual!) wine to wash it all down. The place is immaculate, the staff were friendly and knowledgeable and we will definitely be returning!

1  Thank MrsD7777

It is always a pleasure to read such a lovely review on a Monday morning! Thank you for taking the time to write this.

I am so pleased your boyfriend 'loved' our moules. We had intended to remove this item from our winter menu, but it has proved to be so popular with our guests on both our a la carte menu and our lunch and early diners menu, we made the decision to retain this.

We do spend a considerable amount of time planning our wine list, so I was particularly pleased to read you enjoyed our Lebanese wine which is one of my favourites in spite of the fact that I am French!! (It is not widely known that Lebanon is one of the oldest wine producing countries in the world)

Look forward to seeing you again on a return visit!