“Very disappointing”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

1st and last visit should have guessed as we passed a couple of vibrant restaurants on the way to an empty and atmospheric lacking p&p
5.50 starter of tiger prawns - 3 wooden cocktail sticks each with 2 supermarket economy tiny prawns which were dry and chewy
Main at 9.50 one small piece over cooked dry tasteless chicken and chips with coleslaw - horrible
Would not recommend it given other places to eat in the town

Visited March 2014
John S, General Manager at Pitcher & Piano - Tunbridge Wells, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Travelersin Style

I was saddened to read of your recent disappointing visit to our Bar. We try to pride ourselves on great food & drink and fantastic customer service, I am very grateful to you for taking the time to give us some feed back as its thanks to caring customers such as yourself that help us strive for improvement and constantly try to better our offer. Please could you email me direct at tunbridgewells@pitcherandpiano.com so I can understand a little more of the detail of your experience.

Regards,
John

London, United Kingdom
“Jane Newman”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

After booking a table we received our free bottle of prosecco with a perception of an over priced venue that would not be anything special. However, we were highly mistaken the food was incredible and of a reasonable price. Furthermore, the service was excellent. The boy who served us was called will he was tremendous, very attentive and service was with a smile. The fish and chips was of a good quality and the wow burger really was incredible. Would highly recommend coming here to anyone of any age. Only downfall was slightly under staffed with only one waitor for the whole restaurant, however he coped fantastically well on his own and the service was still great!

• Visited March 2014
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Best burger, ever! Yes at P&P!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was here for lunch and this was my first visit since the refurb. First off the place looks A MA ZING! So nicely done out, the different areas are all done completely differently & downstairs loos worth a visit! as have also been refurbed (upstairs are still the same). I had the classic burger which was out of this world, so tender, juicy, very tasty + it was a very generous sized burger & came with burger sauce mmmmm, the fat chips were perfect as well. To top off my lunch I had it with a mojito which was also sooooo good, my favourite cocktail done to perfection! Service was really good, friendly staff. I can't fault the place. If you knew the P&P of old I recommend a post refurb revisit, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

• Visited March 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great burgers, lunches and Sunday fry-ups!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have been a couple of times since P&P reopened and the food and ambience are sublime. Well done to the team.

Visited February 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“What a difference!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Pitcher & Piano was a venue associated with clubbing in the recent past but new ownership and excellent food has transformed it into a place I will be recommending to friends for evening meals and drinks.

It can't be easy trying to change a place with P&P's old reputation but the new owners are doing very well.

Visited January 2014