Smart and Simple Hotel
Hotel du Vin & Bistro(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$126
$120
The Tunbridge Wells Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$121
  • Breakfast included
The Victorian Bed and Breakfast(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$160
$130
Hotels.com
The Royal Wells Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$99
$96
Smith & Western Tunbridge Wells(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$105
Danehurst House(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$172
$167
Hotels.com
The Spa Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$99
$96
$80
$122
One Warwick Park Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
$110
$106
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslarge showerbudget hotelnight staycomfortable staydanmirrorconservatorypantiles
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a modest hotel conveniently situated for the shopping areas of the town. The first thing to note is that all the staff we had contact with were excellent. Our room was of good size with a bathroom. It was simply decorated but the bathroom was fine with a bath and separate shower. The linen, towels etc were all clean and well laundered. The only criticism I would have was that our room had no double glazing and was noisy. For fairness I should say that the original room we were given was double glazed but we switched as it only had a shower and we wanted a bath. The hotel could do with new carpets but at £65 per night, we thought it was excellent value.

2  Thank robert_hsj
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a night recently. The communal areas seem to be very nicely done up - clean, fresh and inviting. However I was a little disappointed by the room. The minute you have got out of the lift the corridors don't look well maintained. The room itself was ok, just a little shabby. Unfortunately the bathroom also smelt a little less than fresh, even though there was no visible dirt. However for the price it was perfectly ok for what I needed

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during a short visit to the Royal town. The hotel is very reasonably priced and my expectations were blown away by the experience.

The rooms are a good size (we had room 2) and have recently been refurbished. Breakfast, at GBP 6.50 is excellent and we had no complaints. In fact, we moved to another hotel which was three times the price for a wedding party and wished we had stayed here for the remaineder of our stay!

I really must mention the staff. They go above and beyond what I had expected. I had asked directions to a nearby restaurant and the young lady gave me some excellent guidance. On returning from my room to leave, she stopped me to provide a printout from Google maps. Just exceptional. We have a couple more similar experiences, the staff are a credit to the hotel.

Downsides? Well, there are only 3 car parking spaces, but you can park opposite the hotel for free. Perhaps the rooms could do with a full size mirror and some extra pillows but this is really only a couple of small suggestions.

Wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Room 2 was very nice!
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel which has a great location right on the common and close to the train station. Parking is limited, but if you're happy to pay or walk a short distance then it's definitely not an issue - we paid £18 for a weekend parking at Torrington's multi storey.

We emailed the hotel before our stay to let them know we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and they replied quickly to let us know they'd put us in one of their better rooms. Not only that, but when we arrived the receptionist Ben congratulated us and bought us up a free bottle of champagne. We were amazed and wowed.

The rooms are all quite different due to the age of the building, but have a boutiquey feel to the design which was comfortable and uncluttered.

We didn't eat in the restaurant as were visiting friends and were happy to wander round the town to discover lovely cafe's.

We'll definitely be coming back to this hotel and we've stayed in a fair few over the years in Tunbridge Wells. This is one of the better ones for comfort and we couldn't fault the staff who were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you ask for a garden room they tend to be overlooking internal garden. Rooms that overlook the common might be more interesting, but could have some traffic noise.
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel as part of a weekend of bridal activities. Me, being maid of honour for my best friend, the bride-to-be.

The lobby is basically a reception desk which gives on to a tastefully decorated lounge/dining room extension but who needs an expansive reception area in a small hotel?
The rooms, although small, are very nicely appointed, terribly clean and with lovely little touches, like 'love heart' sweets and lollipops alongside the regular tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom, again small, had an amazing 'wet room' style shower which could not be described as small at all...a lovely surprise, I have paid four times or five times this room rate, for rooms with far inferior bathrooms. The decor and furnishings were, again, first rate and my room looked out over a beautiful garden. I didn't have breakfast but my friend did and assured me it was great.

A little trek from the station but nothing too major (it is on a fair hill so if you have a lot of luggage or don't know the area that well, take a taxi from the station. Probably about £4-5, but if you're up for a 10-15 minute stroll, hoof it!!) Having said that, you are no more than 15 mins walk from any of the town's many restaurants, bars, shops and nightclubs.

All in all, would stay again and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012