“Accidental Find”
Review of Daily Bread

Daily Bread
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Vienna, Austria
“Accidental Find”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I needed a place to eat on my way into Tunbridge Wells, and this little - then newly opened - cafe's pictogramm sprang in my eyes when I scrolled for places on the tourist board.
We went there early on a Sunday and it was only just opening so we chose the large table where multiple people could share. Not cluttered, light and simple. There are other smaller tables too.
You get a great choice of food, served in lovely laid back but quality crockery.

We went for the breakfast plate and I have to say, this may have been one of the best English Breakfasts I ever had. Sausage was of extremly good quality. Poached egg absolutly finely timed. Beans in a little lidded pot to keep them warm. Quality bread. The tomatos and mushrooms were excellent too. I don't like bacon, so I had mine replaced with no problem when ordering. But I still took a bite of my mate's slice, and it was good (and I really am not a fan of it usually).

The young waitress was polite, but not overly talkative. Then one of the owners came to chat, and that was really nice. The kitchen seems tiny, so two thumbs up for managing to make each and every item on the platter so brilliantly timed.

I was gutted to have forgotten to take one of the massive scones for an afternoon snack. They had loads of other snacks on offer as well.
The owner seem to really love what they are doing and share their process on social media (twitter mainly).

I'd gladly revisit.
The only thing that could have been a bit improved was the appearance of the toilet. But I guess, first things come first when you open up a new place. The important things: food and atmosphere. And they managed that perfect.

• Visited October 2013

“Good but not great...”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Visited on a Sunday for brunch. First impressions weren't great. Not busy but tables not cleared or cleaned and not welcomed by anyone. Ordered the sharing breakfast platter and a latte and Americano. Both coffees were unpleasant - very weak and no flavour so things were not looking good. However the breakfast was very good. Excellent bacon, loved the beans served in a separate pot, sausage was meaty and full of flavour and the homemade bread was fantastic (although butter on the side would be better). If they can improve the little touches and the coffee this could be fantastic.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect breakfasts and delicious cakes!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have eaten at daily break for breakfast several times since its opening and each time it never fails to disappointed. The dirty bacon sandwich plays part of my staple weekly breakfast and is made with thick cut bacon and home-made bread. If you haven't tried it out then you must!

• Visited February 2014
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Puts Rusthall on the map”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Rusthall didn't have a great deal on the cuisine front until Daily Bread opened last year. It's exactly the sort of place I personally have wanted on my doorstep for years - an unassuming, community-focused place that also happens to have a simple, tasty menu.

My wife and I had an extremely delicious dirty bacon sandwich on our first visit - the bacon was delightful and the bread even better. She had a steak sandwich with onion and caper mayo on her return whilst I opted for the all-day breakfast with fantastic sourdough pancakes afterwards. This is simple, tasty dining at affordable prices without any of the chi-chi nonsense that seems to infect a lot of Tunbridge Wells. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Every town wants a cafe like this!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Daily Bread is the kind of cafe I've always wished we had - it's bright, friendly and relaxed with a decent amount of seating including a big, communal table great for if you're with a big party or fancy making some new friends! There's some great, local art on the walls and a wonderful, changeable menu featuring local ingredients and homemade delights. We had the breakfast sharing platter for 2, and it was without doubt the best full English I've ever had. Everything was homemade - pumpkin seed toast baked fresh that morning, bacon sliced and smoked on-site, homemade sausages, even homemade baked beans - and you could certainly taste the difference! The platter was exactly that, with more than enough for the two of us, and you could have your eggs however you like them. Excellent value, no more than I've paid for a much more average and far less substantial version elsewhere in the town. The cakes were too good to resist - the range is different every time you go in, and every one is a masterpiece in home baking. Plenty to keep kids happy too! Sarah and Joe are wonderful, hardworking owners who have created somewhere really unique and really special. Highly recommend that all Tunbridge Wells folk take a trip down the road and check it out - plenty of free parking in the village, or a bus stop practically on the doorstep!

• Visited January 2014