“Don't like hair in my food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Tasty Thai at The Allotment - CLOSED

Tasty Thai at The Allotment
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“Don't like hair in my food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I paid for having a piece of black hair in my food. Wanted to go back and show it but then thought better of it.
I was completely put off so I'm definitely not going back for more.
No thanks. Definitely won't go back.

• Visited January 2014

“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Thai chef surpassed herself. As I had friends staying I thought it worth another visit with a request in advance for a starter that would normally be served in a family home...I left it at her discretion. With sublime results, my guests were truly wowed by the level of care and service as well as the phenomenal dish - a light warm herb salad with roasted shredded chicken and a medley of side sauces. A delicious experience. We stayed on in the pub - great atmosphere, laughter bouncing off the walls! Thanks again.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Lizzie M
Tunbridge Wells
“Cater well to special diets, but food is average at best.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went on a saturday night and found ourselves as the only two in the 'restaurant', with noisy punters in the bar just the other side of a screen. The starters were delicious, and though I felt the wine was over-priced, it was good. In regards to the mains...average at best. Though I have special requirements and accept that sometimes food is just a bit blander with no gluten in, my boyfriend found his meal equally bland-even suggesting that my thai cooking was better- all we really had were glorified, over-salted stir fries! While the waitress and the chef were very sweet and accommodating, I was put out by the fact that they left before we did...and neglected to let us know! Would have been very easy for us to leave without paying and we were sitting a long time waiting before the lady behind the bar informed us we would have to pay there.

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommend Thai ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Freshly prepared and extremely tasty food! Lovely warm atmosphere too.
If you enjoy Thai food then this is a must visit.

1 Thank DamianQball
“Totally Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

What a find and so close to home! Superb, truly authentic, Thai food fresh ingredients and incredibly fragrant. The mains are what it is all about, Panang curry is outstanding as is the faultless Green curry...if you like Kitsu then this should be on your list. The Thai chef and her daughter know how to hit the spot. If only their starters had a selection of homemade offerings then they would have got 5 stars for the food. A must visit for sure!

• Visited August 2013