“Sets the standard”
Review of La Fiamma - CLOSED

La Fiamma
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: NOW OPEN 6 NIGHTS PER WEEK (Tuesday to Sunday - (Sunday open for collection and delivery Only) Tulip Foods UK Pizza Chef of the Year Award Winner - PAPA Awards 2013. At La Fiamma, we want to bring you a truly memorable pizza, made with great ingredients and traditional methods and cooked in our amazing wood-fired oven. Apart form being named in the Guardian's Top 8 pizza places in the country in August 2013, In November at the Pizza, Pasta and Italian Food Association's (PAPA) Awards ceremony in London on November 14th, 2013, Our owner and chef was named Pizza Chef of the Year.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 ? The price. I would have one of these every week if I could. Always perfectly cooked, wide range menu and the friendliest staff. Forget Domino's, this is in another league.

Dear L1988P,

Thank you so much for your positive review. The most important thing to us is that our customers are enjoying the food - or did enjoy the food as we have now in fact sold the business to an excellent new pizza company opening soon. Amazingly our pizzas did in fact cost less than Domino's, despite being made from the highest quality ingredients and by a current Pizza Chef of the Year, by hand!

I am so glad that you enjoyed the food and I am sure you will be equally impressed with the company that will be reopening there in due course.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great pizza...no really, it is simply great pizza. Don't get me wrong, I love the pizza from Il Vesuvio, but this really is quite something. Good pizza has to have the right base, none of this bread like stuff you tend to get in some places, the base at LaFiamma are excellent. The toppings are tasty too and it is all cooked to perfection in the wood fired oven you can see behind the counter.

Went to Naples last year and have to say the pizza was not as good as this!!

Dear AlanWofKent,

I think I know who you are based on your username and just want to say thank you for your custom. It's always been a great pleasure dealing with you. Thank you so much for leaving your positive review and I would like to wish you and your family all the very best for the future. We have in fact now sold the business and a very successful award winning pizza biz will be opening up soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I finished eating my Americano pizza - which was delivered right on time - less than 5 minutes ago and felt compelled to write a review immediately. It was - without exception, and by some margin - the best pizza I've ever had.

I ordered the pizza as part of the "Feed 2 People" deal, so it came with a garlic bread, which was equally superb, and a nice parmesan and rocket salad. At £20, I think it's great value.

I don't have a bad word to say, and will definitely be ordering again. Well done La Fiamma.

1  Thank Thomas L

Hi Thomas L,

Thanks a million for the fantastic review! Obviously I'm delighted that you enjoyed the food, but also very grateful that you took the time not only to review, but also to review in such nice terms! We have in fact now sold the business and a new company will open it's doors very soon. They are a brilliant award winning pizza company, and I know their ethos is the same as mine.

Thanks again for the fab review and all the very very best for the future!

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We have been meaning to try this place for a while. Stupid of us to wait so long. The pizzas which were delivered were amazing and v different to the usual takeaway standard - these are genuine Italian style thin crispy bases with gorgeous toppings. My boyfriend had something veggie and I had something meaty. Both were brilliant! Lovely thin bases, plenty of toppings, none of the oil you often see with their competitors, and good value (having had a look at their menu online it seems to be consistently realistically-priced rather than the 'sales' emails received daily from other competitors). Anyway, give it a try. Is the first takeaway pizza u have ever had where I have felt I have eaten quality ingredients (and hence vaguely healthy). Hope these guys do well - they deserve to x

Dear Glutto,

I am so very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food, and the sentiment of your review I found really heart warming! I'm so glad you alluded to the healthy aspects of the food because we endeavoured to produce fresh, delicious food with low salt, sugar and fat. We have in fact now completed the sale of the business and I'm happy to say that a brilliant company will be opening from the premises very soon, so please keep an eye out!

Thank you once again and all the very best for the future.

Simon and Sara x

Reviewed May 23, 2014

my other half and i have raved about this place over twitter every time we get a la fiamma, the owners are fantastic and friendly and are always giving the same level or service and food quality. evey single time it has been flawless. i hate the reviews of anywhere that are nothing but shining shimmering and if you have read any of my other reviews im quite blunt if there is any problem and often the first person to complain.. but hands down i could not find a fault with la fiamma if i tried. (accept the lack of it in my belly right now)
in fact just writing this now is making me want to go have a beer down the road after work and collect a pizza frrom them on the way home..

Hi Mr69er,

Just really, really grateful for your awesome review! So very kind indeed...We have in fact now sold the business and a fantastic pizza business will reopen in due course.

But thank you, not only for being great customers, but also for the positivity and public feedback, which apart from helping us out - also put a big smile on our faces!

So all the best and very kind regards,